Hostile?

U

Unregistered

Its been quite some time since I've played Privateer. You guys have done a great job.

So far everything seems to be just fine, even the way the ships fly at a distance reminds me of the original. It just seems that when ships get close, they play a game of 'let's bounce off of our shields'. That brings me to the question. I'd just wasted a Retro ship that popped up with the help of two Confed Gladius class ships and, I think, a merchant. After the battle, it seems that I'm public enemy #1. Could a stray shot (lasers only) have turned that wing of Confed ships against me?

yes...collisions and weapon fire often causes hostility.

You can make it up by killing enemies of the races in question

you can check your stats in the info screen at base

Can there be a warning dialogue as in the original? When I accidentally (or even 'accidentally') hit a friendly or neutral, they'd give me a break for just one or two hits. Sometimes they'd even allow me to take a shield section down entirely. Perhaps scaling the damage 'allowed' by faction friendliness would be effective? (x MJ for Neutral, multiply by friendliness rating)

well it subtracts a given ammount from your relation

if it's tenuous to begin with it could cause them to be hostile...
perhaps I should set the default rating with confed higher

hellcatv said:
yes...collisions and weapon fire often causes hostility.

You can make it up by killing enemies of the races in question

you can check your stats in the info screen at base

Don't forget your Nav Computer. Your stats are there, too.

Speaking of Hostiles, what do I have to do to really get the Pirats an Kilrathy off my back withot making the Militia & Confed my Enemy?
In der Campain they will become my enemys soon enough.
I mean, in the original Priv it was enough to just send them Message 3 long enough and they turn neutral. Do this 10 - 15 times and they stay neutral. And most of all they stop chasing me.
By doing so now, the radar shows them neutral, but they still are after me with blazing guns.
And I never even fired a gun in their direction.
Haveing the Pirats as neutrals is making tradind easier.
I mean espacialy in the reconmissions it is unwise to have the Kilrathy as enemy.
At last is WAS unwise then to fight in the asteroids.

The only fraction that can stay on the "other" side are the Retros. I hate fanatics!

hitting 3 over and over should (slowly) fix relation

they take a bit of while to "cool off" and stop firing....

the easiest way to fix relation for confed is to kill retros or kilrathi... but barring that just go ahead and keep pressing '3'...we can make it have more effect on the overall relation--but for now it's mostly just on the unit you talk to...and only a tiny bit on overall relation

I did so.
But after the Radar showd them neutral they still after me. Even if I ceap sending mes 1-3 (4 makes them angry again).

Well, I hope my keys survive that ;-)

did you take a mission in which you were supposed to do something nasty to them? like steal away the pilot they wanted to shoot down...or took a patrol with likely hostile encounters?

nope
just simple Cargo-Missions
the only Combatmision I took was to take down an Retro-Drayman.

Like I said, I don't want to have them as enemys.
At last not NOW ;-) (let's talk about than, when I have a Centurion whit ALL extras)

ok, it seams that this was a problem with 0.8 only
Yesterday I startert 0.9b ant after about 10 - 15 flights with trying to put them at ease, they realy start letting me in peace.

Back