Homeworld 2 DEMO RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
gevatter Lars said:
just work on yourself to be better then all the others or ask for help.
Asking for help isn't anything bad

nobody said that... but asking for help is one thing and demanding to abandon the mod in order to join FA is something else...

I said that, because he seamed to be shy to ask for help so that he has to stop anyone who could make something better then him.

I also wanted to relax the situation a little bit.

hmm... it doesn't matter really for me...

I just think that if you need help then say that... and do that politely. That is all we want here.

Awww, come on... you have to learn to cope with the constant bitching of an idiot or two. Give the guy a warning without sounding like a kid yourself, delete any further offensive posts, and just get on with your damn modding business while someone still believes you'll ever do that.

No offense, but taking the time to whine and threaten to ban the guy (three times in the same thread, no less) does as much good for the mod's development and publicity as changing engines six times (going thru some uneditable engines in the process...). :rolleyes:

Fine, you guys do whatever you want. In the mean time, ill just keep busting my brains over a project thats over 4 years old with no help whatsoever. I have asked, i have pleaded, i have even been close to shutting the mod down because of a lack of people and it seems noone even cares. I have been saying for years i need help, and NOW you say no when i see yet ANOTHER modding team to work against?!? I dont want to be a one-man-band, but it obviously seems that you guys want it to be that way until i snap. If Schez was back on the scene, we would have been finished long ago. If i had gotten help like ive wanted, we would have been finished long ago. I dont see why you people just sit on your asses and expect others to make things for you when theyve had the SOS beacon on for years! :mad:

sit on our asses?

Look newcommanderdude, WCS has been around for awhile. I joined it over a year ago to work on the C:FW mod which after a few months of hacking through the files i found it to be so hard coded and ill made that its a programmers nightmare. Now, WCS moved onto other game engines after that and i would have loved to help SS but things like Graduation, College, and Work have a way of interceding. Many of the modders in the entire game community have real lives, and yes i would like to work on the mod more, but i cant. Not with 16 credit hours this quarter, so no, i am not sitting on my ass, SS is not sitting on his ass, Tolwyn is not sitting on his ass. We have real lives, and the fact that my programming classes are going to help me mod anything is infinitly more important than screwing around and fucking up my schoolwork. So until i or SS get some time off to work on the mod.. STFU already.

actually i've been picking my brains on how to mod this, and my old contacts who helped me to learn how to mod HW1.

I haven't created any new models yet(was going to do the exeter, but if we cant convert the models to the needed format, we will have to redo them entirely in Maya), thats the reason i haven't started on another model, however i have successfull done the same that was posted on relic news, all it really is, is adding ships to single player maps, for some reason only works once you beat the first mission..

right now i'm looking into ways to get it to work without having to play a single mission..

AS FOR OTHER MESSURES - since this thread has turned into a flame war - it is being closed

Ncom i've had it, any posts in this forum will henceforth be REMOVED (YOU ARE BANNED FOR 1 WEEK)

to everyone else - do not flame against him here(those who do will find their posts edited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back