Holy CRAP!

UCFKevin

Rear Admiral
So it's been quite a while since I've visited this forum. I used to come here often back in the day, and have recently felt nostalgiac. I started playing old PC games like Day of the Tentacle and Wing Commander IV, and that urged me to come see what's doin' at this old joint.

Lo and behold, what the hell do I see? A new Wing Commander game is coming out?!? Holy CRAP! And for the XBox 360? I've been pondering purchasing one, and now that pretty much settles it. I can't believe it!

I literally JUST read it so I'm not completely sure what it's going to entail, it seems like it's gonna be a battle each other online type game rather than story based, which is a teeny bit disappointing, but nevertheless...it's a NEW WING COMMANDER GAME!

Yeehaw!

Yeah, I imagine there's a lot of people like you dropping in these days and seeing the news for the first time. We've compiled quite a lot of information at https://www.wcnews.com/arena/ There are many videos, renders, screenshots, previews and such to get acquainted with.

The game has a big multiplayer component, and it will be the first 16-player game offered online at the XBox Live Arcade store. There are single player modes as well though. I expect that we'll find out a lot more about the backstory and setting in the coming weeks, so stick around and keep an eye on the news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Our strength grows daily....

It's always nice to see someone's intitial reaction to Arena and then their sometime disbelief that all of us are still here.

To continue the nostalga, I have to say that the first time I heard EVA say in C&C3 "Welcome Back Commander" it was amazing.

Excellent. Thanks for that link.

Man, I dunno what it is, but I just have had WC on the brain of late. I think I might have a marathon my next day off.

How've you been, Chris? Been quite a while.

Excellent. Thanks for that link.

Man, I dunno what it is, but I just have had WC on the brain of late. I think I might have a marathon my next day off.

How've you been, Chris? Been quite a while.

I think I'm going to be doing the same very soon. In the next day or two I'm getting a slightly used hand me down laptop that I'm going to using along with my old iMac.

I haven't been one to delve into the tech forum too often, but I think I'll be doing that as well as playing from start to finish. It's been far too long since I've used my copy of Kilrathi Saga or any of the other games for that matter.

I'm not sure if there's enough here for it to warrant it's own thread, but Firingsquad have just posted an article on the Top 10 XBLA games and Arena gets a mention as one in the pipeline, so hopefully when it does hit XBLA there will be plenty of other "Holy Crap!" moments for those gamers who've somehow managed to miss all the coverage! :D

Cheers,

Bryn

I'm not sure if there's enough here for it to warrant it's own thread, but Firingsquad have just posted an article on the Top 10 XBLA games and Arena gets a mention as one in the pipeline, so hopefully when it does hit XBLA there will be plenty of other "Holy Crap!" moments for those gamers who've somehow managed to miss all the coverage! :D

You might want to send the above to news@wcnews.com, as postings here aren't necessarily going to be spotted by the CIC news staff right away. :)

You might want to send the above to news@wcnews.com, as postings here aren't necessarily going to be spotted by the CIC news staff right away. :)

Done. It's good to see that Arena is already fairly well established in the wider gaming consciousness, as Firingsquad caters mostly to a PC-centric audience.

My excitement has prompted me to provide a brief history of Wing Commander & Privateer at my office.
I had one of those "how can you not know" moments, kinda like when I had to explain to a friend of mine who Keith Richards was... 'nuff said.

Chalk me up as another one ready to relieve some nostalgia. I don't think Arena will be any good, but I'm hoping that it will rekindle interest in a real WC game.

And yeah, hearing EVA in C&C3 was a trip for me too. It's been soooo long....

Every hands-on preview and published review so far has been very positive, so there shouldn't be any big worries about it not being any good.

Back