Hobbes the "too great" guy

lorddarthvik

Spaceman
Hi all

I don't remember if this was discussed already, but probably was for morethen once. I was just wondering while looking at ref pictures for my kilrathi 3dmodell, that how did Hobbes fit into any "human scaled" cockpit??? Just look at some WC3 pictures where oyu can actually see him in full: his about 2 heads taller then Luke. Khm, sorry, i meant Blair of course :D . I know he is a rather short guy, but anyway, hobbes wouldn't fit a hellcat if you ask me. And, even if they rebuild every single ship he flies to have a bigger cockpit, enven then he would need flight controlls that can stand such forces, and are much bigger for his clawed hands...
So, whadda you think? How did they fit that furball in there?
I know it makes no point now, its just a funny thing about WC :D

Yeah, the kat soldiers in WC1 are pretty human sized, and they have antropoid-like legs, not feline ones. They only got those in WC3 onward.

I can't say this is hard evidences, but my cat can get in THE most uncomfertable positions I have ever seen, and still be able to fall asleep.
Now I ain't saying this aplies to the Kilrathy, but an alien feline race could be able to do the same thing...
As for the craft controls issue, I'm thinking -the clapper, but a few centuries more advanced :)

the cocpit are large at wc3, really large. Comperead to a modern a fighting aircraft the wc 3 cocpits are big as living rooms...

Well the cockpits could be large, but honestly they don’t seem that big. I think that despite the very agile characteristics Hobbes should have, after all he is a feline like animal, he would have a hard time getting inside the Hellcat cockpit (as an example) and be able to pilot the ship.

For a modern example, Chad Hennings, a former DT for the Dallas Cowboys, flew A-10 Thunderbolts in the late 80's/early 90's. Flew in Desert Storm, etc.

He was 6-10, and somewhere in the 280 lb range, iirc.

It was a tight fit for him, but he did fit.

I'd think it fairly safe to assume that a ship with a tech like a corriolis or a sparks would be able to make some modifications, if neccessary. And besides, Hobbes was a big-time pickup for confed. For him, you'd make his own personal fighter if you needed to, I'd guess.

lorddarthvik said:
Hi all

Just look at some WC3 pictures where oyu can actually see him in full: his about 2 heads taller then Luke. Khm, sorry, i meant Blair of course :D . I know he is a rather short guy, but anyway...

Mark Hamil isn't short. He's certainly not a tall guy, but I wouldn't call him short. Just average.

He probably looks short a lot in Wing Commander because he is often standing next to Tom Wilson, who is quite tall.

Back