Hmmm....

I don't think I've ever read gamepro... Other magazines, like most people, are rather fond of Wing Commander games. Hence why they've made large numbers of 'best game of all time' types of lists, and all kinds of good reviews...

Entertainment Weekly, the worst magazine in the entire world and the "center of popular culture", actually had a few bad words for WC4.

They mentioned Mark Hamill and Malcolm McDowell and stated "Have any two diminiutive actors shared such cramped set?" and also admited to skipping 80% of the story to play the missions.

That was the final nail in the coffin for me. :mad:

I wrote them an email that would make Harlan Ellison proud and a sailor blush.

"Why do people keep insisting that I join the 21st Century? I *LIVE* in the 21st Century! I just don't want to be bothered by the shitheads on the internet!"

Harlan Ellison: Probably the single most prolific Sci-Fi writer still alive aside from Arthur C Clarke. He penned several classics, including "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" (One of the 10 most translated stories ever written), "Repent, Harlequin! Said The Tick-Tock Man", "A Boy And His Dog" and "The Executioner Of The Malformed Children."

He also wrote the classic Star Trek episode "The City On The Edge Of Forever" (which was hacked apart by Roddenberry) and also sucessfully sued James Cameron in the late 1980s due to "The Terminator" being a very obvious copy of Harlan's Outer Limits episode "Demon With A Glass Hand".

Harlan is also one of the most outspoken writers on First Amendment Rights.

You can learn more about this brilliant, brilliant man at http://harlanellison.com/home.htm

Ray Bradbury didn't assault a man at a convention when asked "Why are you always angry?" (Answer: (Screamed) "Someone has to be angry!")

And Bradbury never said he nailed Jesus to the cross.

And Bradburry, somehow, is constantly mistaken for Roddenberry. Even though the later has been dead how long now?

Originally posted by LeHah

And Bradbury never said he nailed Jesus to the cross.

:: In his best "Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor Voice::

Aooouunghhhhhh?...

That reference totally lost me--whatchu mean by that?....

Originally posted by junior

Didn't Clarke die a few years ago?

No. But I'm sure we'd all be happy if somebody would go back in time and kill him before he wrote 3001... :)

Harlan Ellison is a great write, he and clark are the last of the great science fiction writers, no one that i have found can write half as well as those two and the others like Heinlein (my favorite writer) and Asimov (close second).

just fyi, i am not including bradbury, because i dont particularily like his writing, personal preference and all

Originally posted by Napoleon
...and the others like Heinlein (my favorite writer) and Asimov (close second).

Heinlein...
Mmmmm...German beer.....

No wait; that's Heineken--sorry.
Still: German beer...Hmmmmmmm......

Back