Hilarious WC moment

Dralthi + Ralari + collision = several thousands of kps... away from you! :)

I had a funny thing happen when playing the first Hellespont mission in WCP. Two Manta bombers lining up to torpedo Callisto Station - the lead Manta managed to get its torpedo fired, as did the second... straight up the leader's tailpipe. Boom. :)

The fighter gauntlets in WCP's simulator have insanely high friendly-to-target ratios (from the enemies' point of view), so very often they will end up blowing each other instead of the player.

I was playing the first mission of Secret Missions 1 the other day and was deeply involved in a fight with a wing of Salthi trying to wreck a Venture Corvette. The fight was going well until out of nowhere I was rammed by both a Salthi and Hunter at the exact same time resulting in the deaths of all three of us.

Another somewhat funny incident happened on that mission in the regular WC Vega Sector campaign near the end when you fly with a wing of 4 raptors. I was just getting ready to finish off the capital ship that is the objective of that mission when I was ripped apart by the fire of two of my wingmen...they sure showed me:rolleyes:

On another note, in a moment of pure stupidity while chasing a fleeing Krant in WC1 I fired off a missile and hit the afterburners at the same time slamming into my own missile and causing a pretty humiliating death.

Originally posted by tbr5461
On another note, in a moment of pure stupidity while chasing a fleeing Krant in WC1 I fired off a missile and hit the afterburners at the same time slamming into my own missile and causing a pretty humiliating death.

I also love the fact that in Priv/RF, I can out run a few of the energy gun bolts on full afterburner. That goes into the ol' gun totting decision doesn't it? :)

C-ya

Whenever I die from a collision in WC2, the other ship never seems to die, only me. :( Although, quite often the other ship is severely damaged too.

The only times I've died from being hit with my own missile is with the Mace... at that's usually deliberate. :)

I cant remebmer any funny situations in WC games....maybe cause always when I die I get extremely angry and instead of laughing I start kicking anything in front of me...I m a very nervous guy :(

Originally posted by Viper61
I also love the fact that in Priv/RF, I can out run a few of the energy gun bolts on full afterburner. That goes into the ol' gun totting decision doesn't it? :)

C-ya

Yeah, that's why I tend to avoid using Plasma cannons--their bolts are slow enough that an enemy fleeing on afterburner will outrun them. Gimme Tachyons!

I've found a new favorite pasttime in WC games. Fighting ships in asteroid belts in RF. Apparently they don't follow the 250kps rule (neither do I for that matter - I'm always hovering about 400 or so) because in the last few days, I've been robbed of more kills by them ramming an asteroid than any of my other WC asteroid experiences combined, especially the KIlrathi. I guess they value a suicidal run into a big rock a more fitting death than to be chewed up by a hairy ape's blasters. I'm getting to the point that I'm actually just chasing Gothri around until I can line them up with an asteroid ( a few stray shots will corral them nicely). Great fun! :)

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
...a hairy ape's blasters.
Or not hairy, I think their point is meant to be. :)

But, yeah, I used to laugh at enemies smashing themselves into rocks, then remember that I won't get the 'kill' for defeating them. :(

Back