Hi there

Grayson

Spaceman
In first of all:

Hi there... I was a big fan of wc Privateer and u're doing a great job with that remake! ( I could kiss ya, if I wasn't that shy!)

I got the 1.0 and was just wonderin' :

I tried out the demon, and wanna go to s.th. lets say more bad and bigger (I need more cargo!)... so Centurion or orion? In the old Game I preferred the Orion cause in RF that tank really was a tank..
But now all i can upgrade is shields to 5.... but there are shields even with grade 9 in the list... i just can't buy them.... are they for even bigger stronger ships..

And another question: Where can I get the stilleto and gladius?

Thx for u efforts....

Again..... Cool game. Cool people. Thx for redoing it (and making it runable under WinXP ; ) )

Greets

Grayson

Grayson said:
But now all i can upgrade is shields to 5.... but there are shields even with grade 9 in the list... i just can't buy them.... are they for even bigger stronger ships..
Yes, level 9 is for capships.

Level 5 is the max for a player ship, and some ships don't even support that.

Well, if you want cargo space, the Centurion is not going to be your best choice. I'd stick to the Orion in that case, but for cargo space plus combat ability, I actually like the Galaxy. With the proper outfitting, it's probably the best fighter/freighter blend that you can have (I've even seen an AI controlled Galaxy take out 2 Gothris and a Retro Talon and live to tell the tale... so there is something to it, that's for sure).

After you're finished with the remake, you may want to check out the Wing Commander Universe project, which is a very expanded version of the Privateer remake with many more available ships, sectors, and so forth.

The Galaxy gets a HELL of an upgrade in the remake due to the fact that the turrets can operate independently. I fly either that or a Drayman usually.

I tried th orion for some desperate cargo runs in the Perry vicinity... and hell is that orion on kind a bucket.... slowly... hard to controll.... a sittin duck... if mor than 2 dralthi attack i got no chance.... DOH.
I hope with autotrackers it'll get better.... but 4 now I prefer my little quick an deadly demon.

(some more question: I can't buy the cargo extension 4 the orion... do i have too little space left... and what of the systems; I got almost everthing except autotrackes; would u spare out?)

--------------------- edit ------------------------

Ok i tried the galaxy... even a bigger bucket... ;) I'm soo used to a slick and fast fighter craft... and I did make me some enemys..... It's just not working... everything except the demon is too slow... too big..... and very quick i'm dead.

So back to the roots!
... I wonder how a tarsus would do ;)

Back