Hi-Res Dralthi

Howie Day

Spaceman
Well, guys. You knew it was coming. When I first roughed out the shape I was sure it was one of the dumbest looking fighters I'd ever seen. Now it's starting to grow on me...
Here you go...
dral001.jpg

dral002.jpg

dral003.jpg

dral004.jpg

Things are moving along nicely.
I need some feedback on the Dralthi's engine colors. Right now they're identical to the Hornet's engines.
Enjoy, folks.

Howie

Attachments

• dral001.jpg
    dral001.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 387
  • dral002.jpg
    dral002.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 316
Even Hi-Rez, a dralthi still looks cartoonish to me. It's a danged good model, though, Howie. Can't wait to see it get shot up!

And, by the way, this makes my 2,000th post! Now for my custom junk!

Might want to change the thread title :)

Nice work on the markings, I like them. And I think the engines are fine - I don't think anyone's going to be looking that closely at the two meshes and it helps ground the ships a bit by showing they use the same basic tech.

yeah...sorry bout that Hornet thing - must be force of habit. Perhaps a MOD could fix it for me? I can't seem to do it.
Anyhow - here's the engine thing I was talking about - seems that my webserver->DNS is down for a bit.
Enjoy

Attachments

• dral003.jpg
    dral003.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 302
  • dral004.jpg
    dral004.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 300
Actually, I think the blue engines look cool. In the game, I think they glowed a dull red, and I can't remember if they flamed up at all with afterburners on, but I think they did.

Didn't they flame up to a yellow when they afterburn? Or was it yellow and flame to red?

Is it me or do the engins seem a little bit big?

Speradon said:
Actually, I think the blue engines look cool. In the game, I think they glowed a dull red, and I can't remember if they flamed up at all with afterburners on, but I think they did.

in Kilrathi Saga intro they were reddish orange...

Those may just be at the wrong angle, but where are the guns?

By the way, your image host for the first set of pictures (and for the Hornet) seems to be down.

OH, thought I might clarify - this is a Work in Progress - so there's a lot that's not in there yet. Tons, in fact.
I'm considering putting a cat inside. right now it's just going to be the same as the Hornet - Full detail Exterior, Full Detail Interior.

Howie

Howie: What programs do you work with? Specifically, which 3d program, and what do you use for texture work?

Back