Hi, Quick Question :)

"T"

Spaceman
Hi all UK WC nut here, found this place about a week ago its now top of the favorites :)

But some Quick Questions:

1) Is there any Hi quality Tigers calw and / or Concordia Renderings other than the ones on the CIC

2) in WC3 Concordia is Wrecked... How and was that the only Confederation class Dreadnought ever built? :)

3) Why did the Vesuvius not have a Phase Cannon?

Things that have been niggling me since I went through all 5 Games a few months back and really REALLY Enjoyed them again.

"T"

Originally posted by "T"
Hi all UK WC nut here, found this place about a week ago its now top of the favorites :)

welcome

1) Is there any Hi quality Tigers calw and / or Concordia Renderings other than the ones on the CIC

2) in WC3 Concordia is Wrecked... How and was that the only Confederation class Dreadnought ever built? :)

Things that have been niggling me since I went through all 5 Games a few months back and really REALLY Enjoyed them again.

1) don't know

2) she was destroyed in a rear guard operation off vespus (sp?), and there were at least 2 confed class dreadnoughts built- the TCS Confederation and the TCS Concordia.

3) the PTC was taken out of service in 2665

Re: Re: Hi, Quick Question :)

Originally posted by Aries
3) the PTC was taken out of service in 2665

In other words, it had a habit of blowing up. But other good weapons were developed. I'd say the eight AMGs on the Concordia dished out a lot more kills than the PTC.

Cheers for the Information!!

Still after the Information after the Tigers Claw 3d Model and Possibly even a Concordia One, If I could get the Meshes I could play with some 3D Anims like Space Battles (Obviously not as good!!)

"T"

Cheers for the link mate Sweet Images but not the ones im after Im an Old School carrier Person :)

Thanks anyway Answers are always good better than Silence!!

"T"

Originally posted by "T"

But some Quick Questions:

"T"

Wasn't the TCS Princeton in WC IV also a confederation class dreadnaught like the Concordia? Its the Confederation carrier Blair leads the assault on with Decker and they attempt to capture for the border worlds.

In the game, i believe Admiral Wolford only referred to it as a confederation carrier undergoing repairs. But if i remember correctly, in the WC IV novel, its called the TCS Princeton, and its described as being layed out similar to the Concordia.

Originally posted by ck9791
Wasn't the TCS Princeton in WC IV also a confederation class dreadnaught like the Concordia? Its the Confederation carrier Blair leads the assault on with Decker and they attempt to capture for the border worlds.

In the game, i believe Admiral Wolford only referred to it as a confederation carrier undergoing repairs. But if i remember correctly, in the WC IV novel, its called the TCS Princeton, and its described as being layed out similar to the Concordia.

No, the Princeton was a Concordia-class carrier, according to the novel and the game script.

Originally said by Admiral Wilford in WC4, mission L1c

wilford (wall screen)
A Concordia-class carrier is undergoing ad-hoc repairs near the outermost planet. A skeleton crew maintains it, but they haven't offloaded any equipment. Fighters, weapons, spare parts... Could be a rich target, Colonel, if you can get past her radar and fighter patrols...

There are apparently few or no Confederation-class dreadnaughts in service, perhaps due to the PTC's penchant for catastrophic failure, which was noted in later documentation. :D

Confederation-class dreadnaughts seem to use a similar layout to the Concordia-class carriers, except that their keel has the PTC built into it.

the Princeton was a Concordia Class Carrier. the Concordia was a confederation class dreadnought. they aren't similar. however, IIRC, the reason they are described as being similar in the novel is because forstchen assumed that the Concordia was a concordia class carrier, because he got the script of WC4 before the game was finished (or it was something like that)

Re: Re: Re: Hi, Quick Question :)

Originally posted by Aries
the Princeton was a Concordia Class Carrier. the Concordia was a confederation class dreadnought. they aren't similar. however, IIRC, the reason they are described as being similar in the novel is because forstchen assumed that the Concordia was a concordia class carrier, because he got the script of WC4 before the game was finished (or it was something like that)

I think LOAF was the one who mentioned the goof-up, though deck layouts don't have to be too dissimilar, at least not in rough terms.... though the PTC that forms the keel of the ship would definitely affect things. :D

I thought the Concordia class carrier looked like a scaled up version of the Ranger.

Also remember the keel in the Confederation class is massive. Takes up most of the bottom half of the ship.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hi, Quick Question :)

Originally posted by Haesslich
I think LOAF was the one who mentioned the goof-up, though deck layouts don't have to be too dissimilar, at least not in rough terms.... though the PTC that forms the keel of the ship would definitely affect things. :D

well, i know someone mentioned it here (can't remember who) cause this is where i saw that bit of info.

Would it be a reasonable assumption that there have been at least two ships in confed service named the concordia? The Concordia which was a Confederation class dreadnaught, and a Concordia which is a Concordia class carrier (the first ship of the class)?

I'm just wondering if confed follows the practice of naming a class after the first ship in it.

Would it be a reasonable assumption that there have been at least two ships in confed service named the concordia? The Concordia which was a Confederation class dreadnaught, and a Concordia which is a Concordia class carrier (the first ship of the class)?

I'm just wondering if confed follows the practice of naming a class after the first ship in it.

It does.. we follow the exploits of the Concordia carrier in Action Stations.. (then Concordia Supercruiser in the movie materials and Concordia Dreadnought in WC2/novels).

Back