Heys UE guy(s)

Iceblade

Admiral
How did you guys remove people from your wing at the end of a mission in UE. What I am doing ain't working at all--variables are not working.

var land = false;
var complete = false;
var start = false;

function M_Twlight;// banshee pilot-female-ancestery from India
begin
AI_AddToWing(Iceblade);
SF_setObjectFlag (OF_alignment, ALIGN_Confed);
SF_activateSelf(0);
while(1) do begin
AI_WaitSeconds(1);
if(start) then begin
AI_AddToWing(Iceblade);
end;
if(land) then
AI_RemoveFromWing;
end;
end;

It is supposed to be "while(1) do begin" for ship functions. Now it all makes
sense, but why didn't the compiler catch it?

Well, "while (1) do" simply caused the game to keep on repeating that AI_WaitSeconds(1) function into eternity. The fact that those other functions never got used is not a problem, as far as the compiler is concerned.

Hehe, I wouldn't let anybody other than me run UE2, Tango, ;) (well, at least as long as there's hope I'll be able to do it myself). Iceblade is trying to get his own (though UE-related) mod started.

Hey, I would like to be able to an exit when I go into a ships hanger, but I get it to work. I am trying to get my fighter to fly into the Ranger's fly-through and have the game exit when I reach a certain point. How would I go about this if at all?

hahahaHAHAHAHHHAHAHHHAHAHAA!!!!! :D :D

What is this!? :p

I have a problem, try franticly to solve it, and ask for help in which I figure out the answer to find the answer within several hours of posting. :rolleyes:

Rediculous! And I just missed the point in which I can edit--oh welp. :rolleyes:

...And that's why you should always spend a few hours or even days trying to solve a problem yourself before asking for help - ultimately, you'll learn more that way :).

Back