Hey, team members

Iceblade

Admiral
I need the specs for a few of the weapons and ships in Standoff. BTW, I am refering to the actual specs that the engine reads. For the neutron gun, just the bullet.pas lines for it (I can decipher the lines). For Rapier II, stats from wcpedit are fine.

The Rapier II and the neutron gun specs are the only ones I need for conversion and implementation in the FC engine at this time.

Thanks you for your assistance.

PS: e-mail the stats

PS2: this request is not urgent

Yeah, it would be great if people could get everything they need on a silver platter. It would make it so much easier to produce fan projects - why, everyone would be doing it. But that's precisely why I turn down requests like this one - I think fan projects should be ran by people who at the very last know how to get a few files out of a TRE. I'm more than willing to help explain what these stats mean, but when it comes to obtaining them, you can use TREMAN like everybody else.

And in any case, we exactly didn't get these files from Origin either - why can't you make them up, based on existing sources, like we did?

Quarto, I reason why I even bothered asking was because the standoff tre won't unpack completely. Halfway through the treman runs into an error and stops.

Otherwise, I would be able to grab the data varily easily.

Also, are you saying that you created the bullet texture for neutron gun?

No, he's saying one of us extracted all of WCP's mat files and looked through all of them until they found one that looked like it'd make a convincing neutron bullet. This is the kind of stuff that anyone can do.

Well, that is what happened with the viper, and with the all the extra mats in WCP it seemed possible that they created one for the neutron gun. Actually I thought you guys wouldn't even want to bother with creating bullet textures.

The error message I keep running into is a general protection fault right after file 852. The thing is I use the same procedure for all the other tres and it works without this error.

It's been awhile since I dug around with Treman, but if you tell it to only pull out certain files instead of unpacking the whole archive, and just identify it by name (ie, for ships, tell it to extract all files beginning with ship, and do the same for each folder you need, like mat, bullet, etc), and that actually will skip around the 852 error. Found that out one night when I was trying to get the Standoff ships into Secret Ops, and managed to get quite a few more ships working by skipping around the error line.

For some reason, Treman does have trouble with Standoff's TRE file, either because of the number of files, or because of the size of the files inside (in any case, the files that it seems to halt on are the music files). But you can work around it easily if you're willing to spend five seconds trying. Get Treman to save the contents list into a file, and then extract the specific files you're interested in.

I'd recommend posting to the Flight Commander or Ranger's Glory forum first, rather than bother our Standoff friends, unless all else has failed. This sort of info is fairly easy to extract on your own, and I've got programs that automatically do some of this.

Back