Hey Guys - New member here...

My first Wing Commander experience was in 1991 when my uncle bought a 386 computer and some programs for it. The Wing Commander / Ultima 6 Classic CD was one of them. I like the gameplay and story of WC1, but I didn't really get into the series untill I bought and played WC2 for my first computer (a 486) so I could have something to do between classes and homework while in college. Several WC dorm parties latter, I have been buying everything WC as they came out. Now I got everything, except the DOS versions of SM1&2, WCPD, and all the non-PC versions.

I am about to buy an old 386. Nine dollars. cheap-o. I bought a Clicky keyboard at this place, and i will soon buy the comp (when i get home) I love slow processors!

Major_Chill

My 3DO collection consists of:

WC III
Gex (before the PSX, Gex was on 3DO)
Flying Nightmares (horrid Harrier simulator)
Return Fire (again, before PSX, there was 3DO)
Star Fighter (a really well-done off-rails space sim/arcade shooter with complete freedom to go anywhere- even out of the atmosphere)
Star Blade (olskoo Namco arcade shooter action, with an added "texture map mode," for the 3DO)
Killing Time (one of my most favorite first person shooters of all time)
Wolfenstein 3DO (better than the hyped Jaguar version)
Shockwave (need operation: jumpgate :D)
Shockwave II (best FMV on the 3DO)
Space Ace (sorry... had to have it- I am an admitted fan)
Dragon's Lair (again, my apologies)
two demo discs
... and most recently, Super Wing Commander (got it off eBay).

I'm pretty sure I have more than that... you see, I don't have the games close by to check- they're back with my parents in Massachusetts :D

As for using debit on the net, you sure can. That's what I use!

3DO RULEZ :cool:

Debit cards work just like credit cards on the 'net -- the problem is that they're not protected like credit cards are. If some whacko steals your credit card and spends a million dollars, you're not liable... if they take your debit card # and charge money online, there's no easy way to get it back.

I imagine it has to do partly with pin numbers. You dont even have to sign for credit cards anymore... (telephone, net, pay-at-pump gas). But you need to enter pin for Debit card transactions. Here, in Canada anyway, if money goes missing from your account and the bank finds out that you told ANYONE your pin, then you are liable and won't get squat! Even if it was just your best friend whom you trust implicitly.

Basicaly giving out your pin number is the same as giving away your money (at least in their eyes).

AD

Originally posted by AD
Basicaly giving out your pin number is the same as giving away your money (at least in their eyes).

AD

Well, I agree with that.

Sorry... getting waaay off topic :D

Originally posted by AD
I imagine it has to do partly with pin numbers. You dont even have to sign for credit cards anymore... (telephone, net, pay-at-pump gas). But you need to enter pin for Debit card transactions. Here, in Canada anyway, if money goes missing from your account and the bank finds out that you told ANYONE your pin, then you are liable and won't get squat! Even if it was just your best friend whom you trust implicitly.

AD

Check debit cards don't have pins, and are used and secured(depends on the bank) as a credit card.

Do you mean like the "smart card" idea? Cause that's basicaly the same as cash too. Loose the card and loose your money. It's only stored in bytes on the card and not in any bank. But you charge it up at an ATM.

-AD

My First Wing Commander Experience... And other things too.

1) Wing Commander 2, baaaaack in the day. :)

Then, Wing Commander 1, in french... Which was promptly deleted. I moved around alot, and nearly forgot about WC, and was re-introduced to it in Brampton. :) In Wing Commander Armada!! The person who showed that to me lent me his Wing Commander 3 (which still has the best error message I have EVER seen -- "Your CD drive runs faster than is possible..." ^_^), and later his Wing Commander 4. Then, I found WC 1 on SNES and finished it there. We later acquired Prophecy and Secret Ops (finished them both) and I later bought my own copy of Wing Commander 3. ^_^

I am still searching for the various Special Ops games and other addons because they're worth playing.

I later found the novels. ^_^;

2) Nice MGS 2 reference. I didn't even suspect LOAF was one of the Patriots. :D Hell... I didn't even suspect anyone else had played MSG 2.

3) Topic Drift is imminent.

4) LOAF, you know too much.

~modified one of my three allotted smilies~

Originally posted by Meson

Check debit cards don't have pins, and are used and secured(depends on the bank) as a credit card.

My debit card has a pin number, it is......ah.....better not tell you!

Re: My First Wing Commander Experience... And other things too.

Originally posted by Anagram

2) Nice MGS 2 reference. I didn't even suspect LOAF was one of the Patriots. :D Hell... I didn't even suspect anyone else had played MSG 2.

3) Topic Drift is imminent.

Thanks for lookin' out, Anagram :cool:

Back