Hey Chris Reid

PilotWings01

Spaceman
Hey Chris

I know that your a manager at Gamestop, and I work part-time at one as well, i'm at #379 in AZ and i'm wondering why Prophecy GBA was never a reserve sku ?

P.S. i wanted to go to E3 this year but I wasn't sure how to get all that paper work going on how to get in for free, whats the deal with that in our company?

:D

Yes!! didnt know you worked at gamestop chris, i bet you get first dibbs on games, unfortunately i work at starbucks, i get a free pound of any coffee a week,

i have about 20 ilbs in storage

they're giving it to me faster than i can drink it,
anyone want a 1lb of coffee im running out of room in my cabinets :D

I managed a GameStop part-time for a few years. We had the biggest store in the region, it was inside Barnes and Noble. Fun stuff...

Unfortunately, because we had a big store but not enough payroll hours to cover our store hours and size (9 to 11 pretty much every day), we had a lot of theft, most of it internal. Most of the time we weren't able to check out games, which we are privileged to as Gamestop Employees.

Ya, inside that Barnes and Noble near the Arboretum. There used to be a B-movie theatre that features the Austin Annual Gay and Lesbian Movie Festival, but it got shut down and they changed it into a Cheesecake Factory.

I met George Oldziey, Erin Roberts, and other ex-Origin employees when they bought games from us. I recognized Oldziey when I was processing his check (to buy Spongebob Squarepants for PS2) and saw his name.

Originally posted by PilotWings01
I know that your a manager at Gamestop, and I work part-time at one as well, i'm at #379 in AZ and i'm wondering why Prophecy GBA was never a reserve sku ?

Most games by smaller publishers don't get reservation skus. This was complicated by the fact that virtually all Destination Software titles have turned up in the system about a week before their launch.

P.S. i wanted to go to E3 this year but I wasn't sure how to get all that paper work going on how to get in for free, whats the deal with that in our company?

There wasn't an internal mechanism this year that I saw. Anyone with such creditials could apply by faxing the E3 application, paystub, tax forms, etc, in.

Originally posted by SyyBorg
Yes!! didnt know you worked at gamestop chris, i bet you get first dibbs on games, unfortunately i work at starbucks, i get a free pound of any coffee a week, i have about 20 ilbs in storage
they're giving it to me faster than i can drink it,
anyone want a 1lb of coffee im running out of room in my cabinets :D

I'm exactly the same way with games.. Got about 45 XBox titles, and I've finished 3. Similar experience, to a slightly lesser extent, on the computer, GameCube and GBA. I buy a game every week or two, and play an hour or three a week on average (not counting the GBA on the go).

Originally posted by psych
I recognized Oldziey when I was processing his check (to buy Spongebob Squarepants for PS2)

Wow... you'd think he'd be able to get a game he wrote music for through some sort of magical channels

Yeah.. occassionally I sell games to people who make them.. (what with Nintendo, Microsoft, Sierra, etc, all being based right here).

I remembered when Conquest: Frontier Wars came out, Erin Roberts and other Digital Anvil employees were going from store to store eager to see how many copies were being bought.

When Metroid Prime came out, we got this big Metroid poster. My roommate, who worked in the same store as I did, got first dibs on it. The guys who made the game worked pretty much down the street. There was this one developer who worked on it and said that they weren't getting posters and other what-not.
He offered my manager over $300 to buy the poster.

When me and my roommate both left the store last December (he got tired of working for a year and not getting a single payraise and was getting passed over because of the manager favoring stupid people), our manager promised him he'll let him have the Metroid poster. Then a few weeks later, I heard from the backchannels that our manager gave the poster to the metroid guy, and pocketed the cash for himself.

When me and my roommate both left the store last December (he got tired of working for a year and not getting a single payraise and was getting passed over because of the manager favoring stupid people), our manager promised him he'll let him have the Metroid poster. Then a few weeks later, I heard from the backchannels that our manager gave the poster to the metroid guy, and pocketed the cash for himself.

That's a fairly serious offense if you report it to the right people..

Yeah I know,

Our store already had a notorious reputation for internal theft. Last summer, I took a 60 day medical leave to get PRK Laser Eye surgery. At the same time, the other keyholder quit and joined the Marine Corps. And at the same time, our ASM, a pothead who forgot everything he was supposed to do, was fired. To fill in for us, my old manager really screwed the pooch and hired this really shady dude. The guy put on his application that he was at a juvenile correction facility. My manager, the genius that he was, thought he worked there, not was committed there. Let's just say that little case of the stupids made our store "focus status" for a third time, and cost my manager his job.

His replacement was even worse, but I have to go to class, so I guess I'll have to talk about that later.

Ya, inside that Barnes and Noble near the Arboretum. There used to be a B-movie theatre that features the Austin Annual Gay and Lesbian Movie Festival, but it got shut down and they changed it into a Cheesecake Factory.

Anyone else find this amusing? From Gay and Lesbian film festival to Cheesecake?

:D

Er...

Maybe not...

cheesefish.jpg

Yes, I suspect most here know what the Cheesecake Factory is (there's one a couple of blocks from where I work), but the word Cheesecake and Film puts more one in mind of Betty Page.

Back