Help with tutorial

:D Eureka :D

I took your advice Eder and looked at the docs and here is how the code is supposed to go with no function part to except the activate.

object Jump(Jumppoint)
x: 1200;
y: 200;
z: 54;
Actionsphere: 1;
end;

What I meant was, don't you need 2 tags. This function goes into either one of the ships' functions and then you need one tag for the min. range and another is needed for the ship you are supposed to get in range of. There is only 1 tag! Where are you getting this other tag from?!

Oh, and guys, I didn't realise there was any documentation except for the help site that was done. Plus, when I did find that documentation, I didn't bother to go looking for jump code because it had already been checked by people who were supposed to know yet either forgot how it was supposed to be coded or have never done a mission where there was a jumppoint.

You need three variables, one for the name of a ship, and two for the min and max range. And this function has three variables. I don't see how I could possibly explain this more clearly.

Okay, one question, are there any fuel craft or refueling by anything less than a capships in any of these missions?

Quarto

I was talking about Standoff-I can but this to the side for now.

By the way, I can guarantee the bare bones of any mission. I suggest that I get what all needs to be done in a mission. Then I create the core of the mission and do what I can with the other stuff. Then within about a week-probably less-I will send you what I can do. I am e-mailing you and Eder the mission I have created. I hope you like it. :D

Ok, I've had a look at your mission.

First up, it didn't compile properly, as you forgot to add a search path for targetid.eng. Second, the method you used for changing capship names doesn't actually work properly, which I guess you didn't notice. Third, you forgot to give navpoints names.

Apart from that, it worked. But it's a rather simple mission, and it took you a lot of time - and a lot of help from us - to put it together. So, no, you cannot yet guarantee the bare bones of any mission :p.

What you need to do now is get to the point where you can churn out missions this simple in a couple of hours, including bug-fixing with no help from us. You also need to learn WCPPas well enough that you have some idea how to do more complex stuff - you don't necessarily need to get it right the first time around, but you do need to be able to figure out what went wrong and fix it. So, this is where the hard part begins - show us what you can do without asking us for help with every problem.

Fixed the navs and the added that search path, but what is this about some capship name changing. Could you elaborate on this.

Look at the capship names within the mission. You'll see things like "Midway: Midway" and "Carrier: Leviathan".

The first part is the name of the actual object, while the second is the targstr property within the object. This property is always added on top of the object name, rather than replacing it. So,

object Lionheart(Capship)
targetid["TCS Lionheart"];

...Will result in a ship called "Lionheart: TCS Lionheart".

If you want the name, as it appears in the mission, to be different to the actual object name, you do this instead:

object Lionheart(Capship) as "TCS Lionheart"

...This results in the ship's name in the game being simply "TCS Lionheart".

(if the name of the ship in the game is going to be identical to the name of the object, then you don't need to use either of the above methods)

:confused: :confused:
What, that never happened to me. Confusing how stupid computers act. One does it right and the another gets confused.

Well, I don't I will be providing Standoff with any assistance. At least not until I have done alot with the WC2 remake I creating.

BTW, how do you tell a compiler to look for a ship(s)? I have tried several things that don't work.

Iceblade said:
:confused: :confused:
BTW, how do you tell a compiler to look for a ship(s)? I have tried several things that don't work.

I don't understand what you're asking...

I mean, how do you tell the compiler to look in the Ships file-primarily to find ships not in "ships.pas".

Well, ships.pas includes all the ships that WCP can call up for spawning. You can, however, edit the table of spawnable ships, by decompiling and editing game\ship.iff.

I know that. I just can't get this thing to look in the ships folder. I have even gone through the docs and nothing seems to work. How do you do this?

Back