HELP with books

Originally posted by Bhaktadil
Freedom Flight is indeed nostalgc harkening to those days when the outcome of the war was open to speculation. To a time when I would learn of a new WC game by actually having to go to the store, or in the case of Armada, from an Origin employee in person that happened to cross paths (back in those pre-internet days, for me atleast, and before computer game magazines were popular).

Heh. Funny you should say before magazines. Ironically, I was first introduced to Wing Commander (the original, no less) because of a very favorable review in Dragon Magazine. True, Dragon wasn't, and never has been, a computer magazine, but it was a magazine that introduced me to the series.

Originally posted by Bhaktadil
ANyways, The reason I think that FF it is a bit poorer then the others is because the writing story are a it silly and not quite as fleshed out. This is understandable since WC was still in its infancy. That not to say that I did not like the story or that it was bad, however. Also, while I had been a fan of the games since the beginning, FF was not the first book I purchased. That might have contributed.

Never read it, and my thoughts on the books I have read are in the minority here, so I won't add anything further about the WC books, but...

It CAN'T be as bad as the Baldur's Gate novelizations (and the one for Torment).
:D

Back