HELP: Turret Problems

Mr_Debonair

Spaceman
Can anyone help me?

I'm experiencing immense difficulty with adding turrets to new fighters in WCP (not SO). The thing is, I can add all the turrets in the world, and they do work; however, I can't control them at all, by switching view from forward to port, starboard, or rear. They seem entirely governed by the AI routines. :confused:

Does anybody know how to circumvent this malady, if so, how?

Please, I would appreciate any help you could render. :)

The problem is that you haven't specified which turret is used for which view. This is something you can take care of by editing the cockpit files (tutorial) - the PTUR stuff in particular. If you do not feel like editing cockpit files, you should be able to get the same effect by getting your ship to use a Devastator cockpit. If you do so, however, you may need to change the order in which the turrets are entered in the ship file, so that the first one is the rear turret, followed by the right, left, and finally all the remaining turrets (to which you cannot assign a viewpoint).

That's right! Now I remember. Wow :eek: , It’s been years since I Modded WCP/SO, and getting back into it is a little cumbersome.

Thanks a lot Q, I'll do that when I get home tonight. :)

Back