Help! need help with wc privateer.

WC_commando

Spaceman
I have a REALLY old computer, but it was still running the game perfectly last time. now, whenever I try to play it in dos, I get and error message saying "Privateer CD not found. JEMM unloaded"
I have it in the drive, and I just got the scratches taken off. The windows 95 shortcut doesn't work so hot either. What now?

Dunno about the Win95 shortcut. You are trying to play in pure DOS right? Can you read your CD while you're in DOS? You'll probably need to post your system files and have the people here help you modify them on a boot disk.

BTW, the Kilrathi quote in your sig, it's from one of the aces in WC2. Can't remember if it was Kur or Rakti.

Yes, I am trying in pure dos. and it doesn't read the disk. what do you need to know about my system? I'm not that good with computers, actually. so I might not understand. But i'll take any help I can.

It's not working cause you need a CD driver go and find you config.sys file, open it with wordpad and then copy all the text in the file into your post.Myself I know a bit about editing dos functions so let john12 help you (if he comes).

I'm not good at making bootdisks without having the machine in front of me, but I suppose you could start by looking through *.SYS files.

Back