Help LOAF Make Documents

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Howdy all,

I've spent the last few days scanning some neat documents... but I need to figure out how to convert them into something internet-able. Right now they're huge (8.6 meg) 300 dpi greyscale bitmaps - what can I do with them?

What I've done so far:

* Wing Commander Universe Bible (~250 pages)
* Privateer Online Outline (~100 pages)
* Wing Commander Movie Draft 3 (~120 pages)
* Privateer 3 Outline (~100 pages)
* Wing Commander V Beat Outline (~40 pages)
* Privateer Midgame Storyboards (~20 pages)
* Privateer MIDI Layouts (~10 pages)
* Privateer TV Series Outline (~10 pages)

With more to come - but I'm eager to figure out how to get some of these on the web for you guys. Any suggestions?

Ah, I think you need PageMaker to convert BMPs to PDFs. If you don't have it I can maybe provide a hookup with someone who can.

I don't think you need pagemaker, I think there is a program online somewhere (yeah I know real good help) that lets you create pdfs, and I'm sure that it's freeware.

Well, regardless, I know someone who's done some conversion stuff to PDF for me in the past, and I'm sure he'd be glad to do this as well.

BMP to PDF was fairly simple.

In fact, I decided to scan in (for the heck of it) the POH to the airplane I fly (electronic is easier to carry on my iPod to work than the hefty binder), so I did it on the office photocopier/scanner/printer. Ended up with a few hundred .jbg files, which converted to PNM, to EPS. Coverted EPS to hundreds of PDF files, and finally used Ghostscript to bind them into one huge PDF file. Best thing was, it was entirescripted. I still have the commandlines somewhere (probably on iPod)...

If you really want to help out, help contribute to the "Buy LOAF a Feeder Scanner" Paypal fund. I'm willing to pledge $50, or about one-fourth of the cost.

Worf said:
BMP to PDF was fairly simple.

In fact, I decided to scan in (for the heck of it) the POH to the airplane I fly (electronic is easier to carry on my iPod to work than the hefty binder), so I did it on the office photocopier/scanner/printer. Ended up with a few hundred .jbg files, which converted to PNM, to EPS. Coverted EPS to hundreds of PDF files, and finally used Ghostscript to bind them into one huge PDF file. Best thing was, it was entirescripted. I still have the commandlines somewhere (probably on iPod)...

Aren't iPods grand? They are great for this type of stuff...I use mine to carry all my college homework around...

Jenna and Frosty use iPods exclusively.

Add another document to the list: a 435 page Prophecy design document from September 1996!

One page per conversation - including a bunch that aren't in the game (talking about stealth fighters and such).

Try this on for size: https://www.wcnews.com/loaf/wc5beatoutline.png

36 page original outline for Prophecy (WC5).

It's heavily compressed (thanks to Viper!) from the original 8.6x50 meg source bmps... which I'll store on DVD for future reference!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back