Help! I'm trying to draw an Excalibur on AutoCAD!!

Gluegun

Spaceman
Okay, the Excalibur is 32 meters long right? That's about 105 feet, right?

Some time ago, I used the pictures in the manual from WC3 to draw a fairly accurate top view of an Excalibur on graphing paper. I am sure that, visually, the proportions and everything are as accurate as I am likely to get. From the tip of the nose to the end of the tail, the ship was 37.5 squares long..which means that one side of each of the squares created by the intersecting lines on the graphing paper represents a distance of 2.8 feet. Extending the ship would make it look wrong...

Unfortunately, this seems to pose a problem. You know how the cockpit (or, at least, the transparent part of it) isn't supposed seem that long?

On my drawing, it's 13 feet...about 4.6 squares long.

Ack.

I want to draw a to-scale, fairly accurate depiction of an Excalibur (or else why am I gonna use AutoCAD?), so I need some help doing this. Ya know?

Oh, and if you want to know WHY I'm doing this, let's just say that I'm REALLY REALLY bored in Architectural Drafting class...

Thanks for your help!!

Hey you use Autocad too. I'm a Civil Engineering Technician for a small city in Texas. I use Autocad and a program called Softdesk. But I loved my architectural drafting course. Oh about your question sorry can't help you. You seem to have done everything I would have done. Maybe the cockpit was that long in order to cover the instruments and such. The cockpit bubble on the F-16 and F-15 are very long for this reason (it also weighs over 300 pounds), so maybe it isn't as off as it seems. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

Back