Help help, I'm being oppressed!

SixGun

Spaceman
Fair warning, fellow privateers - There's a MAJOR bug in the Kaydance AWACS missions!

If I'm successful in waxing the AWACS Stilletos, I find myself as Confed's Enemy #1 all of a sudden, and I'm WORKING for them! WTF!?

Nice doublecross, guys...

Haha... That is indeed a bug, tell hellcatv. And yes you are being oppressed :p :p :p next time try to side WITH the commies.... you capitalist pig!

Heh, some help you are. :)
I found a solution. I head straight to New Detroit right after fighting the AWACS, and blow up Kilrathi and Retros till the Confeds stop using my Cent for target practice. After duelling all those communist Stilletos, Talons and Dralthis are easy targets. :)

that's not the only MP ref in the remake...

meanwhile, this does make the kaydence missions much harder... especially the one where you have to defend a drayman against awacs birds and it turns hostile on you...

(am i the only one who saw "awacs" and expanded it to 'airborne warning and control system'?)

(am i the only one who saw "awacs" and expanded it to 'airborne warning and control system'?)

Nope. Whoever wrote this drivel isn't familiar with the purpose behind acronyms.

warlock said:
No, for that is what AWACS means, especially when in the context of a flying simulation.

I don't see any need to insultingly call it drivel, though; that word has a rather negative connotation. AFAIK the extra storyline dialogue was written by someone not on the development team.

NOTE: I haven't flown the extra stroyline missions yet, if that matters.

The extra storyline is a little corny (unless you think that the whole "commies in space" thing is delightfully Barbarella, which I do, Barbarella was quite a political comic, it's just the Jane Fonda movie that is neutered in that respect), but the modular "shape" of it (look in campaign_bonus.py) lends itself very well to modification if we ever want to do something like fitting WC1 and WC2 into the VS/PrivR engine.

Back