help cant find objects.tre in privateer!!!!

king_cam

Spaceman
hi i am running privateer 1 (no expansion) with myjemm through windows 95 and i cant find the file objects.tre in the privateer directory and i think htat it is behind the game editors not working were is it? do i have to reinstall the game??? :confused:

There are two versions of Privateer. A floppy version, which will have the individual .tre files, including "objects.tre". And there is the CD version, which only contains two, very large .tre files.

When the CD version was created, Origin packed all of the individual .tre files, plus a few other goodies such as extra voice sounds and such, into a single .tre file for both P1 and the add on RF.

The CD version does not copy the .tre files to the game directory. However you can manually copy these over and change the cfg file to point to the hard drive instead of the CD drive. But the tre files on the CD are named "PRSO.TRE" for P1 and "RF.TRE" for Rightious Fire.

If you are indeed running the floppy version, there are sub directories under c:\privater that contain the individual .tre files.

ok so how do i get the cfg or whatever to point to the hard drive (yes i am using the cd version)? so after i do this can i use the editors? does the cfg thing work for all games????

and i there are no .tre files on the cd any sugestions

king cam

I have the CD version – with Righteous Fire – for MSDos.
The CD contains the following TRE files:-
priv.tre approx 87Mb
rf.tre approx 71 Mb
i.e. no file called objects.tre – not on my harddisk either – and the game runs without a hitch.

When I install the program, the default directory is:- C:\Privater.
In this directory there is a file called:- priv.cfg.

This file can be opened – and edited – with Notepad / Wordpad.

Default entry in this file is:- =E:\priv.tre.
(E:\ is the drive specification of my CD drive)

To run the game from your harddisk you need to change this to match your installation path.
My installation path is:- C:\Privater
My priv.cfg file reads as follows:- =C:\Privater\priv.tre

To “edit” the game you need to start the game and make a save game file. This save game file will have the extension sav. This can then be opened and edited. I´ve tried it, it works, but it takes the fun out of it.

Hope this helps, if not just yell!

Back