Hellsing

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Has anyone seen this or know of this animé? I recently saw the first episode which was on an old game magazine DVD, and I'm kinda curious as to why Arucard would choose to work for a human master. AFAIK, there's only 13 episodes in the whole series... much like WCATV...

I wasn't particularly interested since 5 people (one of which who's a 23 year old male and loves Sailor Moon) suggested it and anime fans tend to be unintelligent, "'l33+!" little bastards.

Alucard gets me a job as a Vampire, after that Alucard's pointing the Jackal at my chest and saying, the first step to eternal life is you have to die. People were always asking, did I know about Alucard.

The barrel of the gun aimed right for a lung, Alucard says 'You won't really die, policewoman.'

case in point? Unsure, really.

Hellsing isnt the greatest anime ever made. Im pretty sure its not even the greatest vampire anime ever made (Blood: the Last Vampire is supposed to be great but ive yet to see it). It is however generally fun, the soundtrack is mostly great outside of the context of the anime, and theres even some decent art. Watch the subtitled version though. The dub is pretty awful.

Ist played on VIVA a couple times a week right now. Usually sometime between 22:00 and 0:30. *Shrug* yeah - seen worse stuff. Cannot comment on Alucard too much but as far as I get it his siding with the humans goes more along the lines of
a) he wants to get rid of minor/unworthy vampires
b) he likes a good challenging fight.
The series seems to have quite some fans however - I recall there even is a Max Payne mod.

Chernikov said:
... (Blood: the Last Vampire is supposed to be great but ive yet to see it)...

Hey I saw that, at least a part of it (~45 minutes). I didn't know it had a reputation,

See...it's like this.

Hellsing is this anime where a panda bear eats vampires and it makes him turn into a stick of gum. As a stick of gum he has super zombie powers and is able to turn school kids into gumdrops. When he turns back into the panda he must eat rice really fast and shoot cans with spitwads to regain his strength.

The panda bear's mortal enemy is a shovel who is also somehow a vampire. Typical anime.

Uh... anyone with a serious answer? :( I'm no anime fanatic, just a casual viewer, but I did find the show quite engrossing.

Wedge009 said:
Uh... anyone with a serious answer? :( I'm no anime fanatic, just a casual viewer, but I did find the show quite engrossing.

Yes, I've seen this and read the first couple of chapters of the Manga. The comics are a bit more childish, but get into better depth as to why Alucard works for Integral, which I will discuss later if you don't mind spoilers.

May contain spoilers:

Meh, he can make up his own mind. I'm kind of a fan of Hellsing (as well as FLCL, though it took me 3 attempts to get the plot line nailed).

At any rate, from what I can gather Alucard is in debt to the Hellsing organisation since Integras father captured him (you find that out, as well as a couple of other crucial things, a few episodes down the line).

For reference, Alucard = The vampire. Integra = the current leader of the Hellsing organisation, she inherited it from her father when he died.

At least, thats the plot as far as I can tell, there's also the section where it's apparent that he despises the current incarnation of "fake" vampires that the Hellsing organisation is dealing with, again you find out more about this further down the line. Alucard basically loves a challenge and has yet to find someone who can better him, so he has something of an ego ;)

Hope this helps!

Back