Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I'm new on the forum and just wanted to say hi
hi :)
Otherwise, is there anything that is not in the rules and regs that I have to know?

A ques, why are everyones IP addys displayed?

IPS are displayed in an attempt to curb the "I'm anonymous, so I can act like I own this board" attitude. I appreciate that. anything to encourage maturity is allright by me! (as if it matters;))

Hello and Welcome to the Wing Commander CIC Forums!
(Please keep your tray tables in the upright and locked position)

Nafé

Welcome! It's good to have you here.

To answer your question, there are certain things that are frowned upon in this community:

Starting needless shit, flaming, trolling, etc
"Something vs. Something" threads
General fanboy behavior

If you steer clear of those, you should do more-or-less alright. Have fun!

Shipgate said:
Hmm, what's an IP?

Beware of Frosty. If you make him angry, he'll drop several f-bombs into your inbox.

And you don't even wanna mess with a frosty-bomb.

Welcome aboard.

Oh, yes, also avoid mentioning or even breathing heavily the concept of warez or illegal downloads (see rule #11). The admins around here are not kidding.

Fortunately for this thread, it's not quite as strict as that.

However, linking to them, or sites with links to them, is a definite no-no.

(The "dogs that are under" was closed more because the poster thought he was being sneaky. That annoyed me, personally; it's not wise to annoy me. They still haven't found some of the bodies.)

I have a question(again) Do you have to reach a special rank before you can choose an avatar?

I think it's like 2000 unless you do things like run the website...er stuff like that. So post tons of one liners. That's the best way to advance in rank. (clenches fist)

Do anyone feel sorry for this guy?
(he's going to be my avatar)

Attachments

• spacemarine.gif
    spacemarine.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 143
Welcome to the site.

Swearing seems to be quite allowed so long as it's not meant in particularly malicious way. So don't be afraid of being modded for things like that.

dexterboot is close, in regards to swearing. Swearing in and of itself isn't an insta-ban offense. However, do keep in mind that just like everything else, they can be overdone if used too frequently. Posts that contain multiple obscenities per sentence will probably result in a vacation from the boards (temp ban) after a warning.

Long story short, do keep in mind that this is a public board, and try to use some common sense. Or, if lacking that rare quality, privately consult someone who has it.

And on an unrelated note, following Shipgate's "bunch of one-liners" comment is a way to find your postcount going on a diet.

Like the 1 post deduction from Shipgate's count, for the purposes of illustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back