Hello...

SkyFlyer

Spaceman
Hi... I'm a new user... ( i still have to put up my signatures :D ) Anyway... I was going thru some of my really old games ( some of them on 5.25 disks... most from 1991-1996 ) anyway... i ran across some Wing Commander games... One is Wing Commander: Armada, another is a Strike Commander/ Wing Commander: Privater CD combo... i got these when i bought a gateway comp in 1996... there were some other ones... Aces over Europe, Nascar I, and stuff like that... anyway... That computer is used mostly by my mom for paying bills etc etc... but im going to see if i can get these games to run on my computer or hers... im building a new comp soon... but anyway.. my current one is a P3 633MHZ, 128mb SDRam, 12x DVD rom drive (48x CD), plenty of hd space free, 64mb GeForce 4 vid card (i think its a 4), and an OK sound card... Ive tried mostly everything except removing Real Mode from Windows ME... ive tried MyJemm, which wont load on my WIN Me... and im sure some of you guys are able to run these games... I'm sure that My Jemm will run on my moms comp.... its a P1, 133mhz, 4mb vid card, soundblaster 16, some free space, ( i need to change the CD drive... the new one will be 52x), and i think dos version 6.22 with Windows 95... possibly Dos version 5.0... doubt it tho... anyway anyone have any ideas on getting these games to work on my computer, the one with Windows ME... thanks... i played these games once or twice, and i seem to remember that i liked em... anyway... if you guys have any ideas on rigging the config.sys or autoexec.bat files (whether on my HD or on a boot disk) post here thanks :)

lol yea :) although i have had some experience with space sims... anyway you wont be able to kill me until i get these games to work... or get some new WC games if there are any out right now :)

well... at least we fight on the same side :) i hate those damn cats as much as you lol :) ( no offense... i live with both cats and dogs :p ) :rolleyes: :cool:

Check www.wcnews.com and there is this VDMSound that works like a charm with these old Dos games-except privateer 2 with the mouse. Get the orginal package, the launchpad, and the update. Good Luck and welcome.

i think you misunderstood the problem??? the problem im having is that it says i dont have enough EMS ram.. which of course i dont have any since im on Windows ME... and it wont detect my XMS ram :(

hey im still calssified as new meat ive only been here 4 days.....lerave the noob alone.....noobs have feelings tooo :)

i shall announce I AM THE GOD OF SPACE SIM MULTI PLAYER COMBAT just so u know :)

Just look at it this way. You're all relatively new to someone... so don't be stupid about it :(

TC said:
Just look at it this way. You're all relatively new to someone... so don't be stupid about it :(

Except ace and I. Origin CZ represents, yo. We can be as stupid as we want.

Back