Hello

Crazydog7

Spaceman
New to the forum just thought I'd say Hi.

So cool that there are still others out there lamenting the passing of the great games that were Wing Commander!!!

I only ever played 4 and Privateer so I guess i'm not as fanatical as some.

Digital Anvil shut down? Thats news to me. Man I love this site.

Any of the rest of you guys firefly fans? Just thought I'd ask. Anyway great to be here.

Crazydog7 said:

Hey thats ok...some of the people here haven't played them all either. Anyway welcome! Check out the fan projects if you want to play more WC games.

Welcome to the CIC! Not all of us have played all of the Wing Commander games (I've still only played Wing Commander: Prophecy for the GBA, even though I've got copies of Wing Commander Academy and Wing Commander: Propechy for the PC somewhere around here).

This site has got a ton of information about Wing Commander and the people/groups who made it possible. I've been coming to this site since early 2004, and there's still plenty of stuff that I haven't read.

And yes, I love the hell out of Firefly. While I'd love for there to be another movie or TV show, I wouldn't mind seeing a few novels or comic books...

Jacob said:
Welcome to the CIC! Not all of us have played all of the Wing Commander games (I've still only played Wing Commander: Prophecy for the GBA, even though I've got copies of Wing Commander Academy and Wing Commander: Propechy for the PC somewhere around here).

That's pretty interesting. So is Prophecy Advance your only Wing Commander experience then? And that motivated you to start collecting other WC games and visit the site for the last few years?

Actually, it was the movie that got me started. I don't know if you remember it from a couple of years ago, but I was the newbie who rambled about how great I thought the movie was.

But yeah, after watching the movie a few more times I went off and bought the GBA version of Prophecy. Prophecy got me pretty excited about Wing Commander, but I still have yet to go back and finish playing the game. College and my Xbox got in the way.

Jacob said:
Actually, it was the movie that got me started. I don't know if you remember it from a couple of years ago, but I was the newbie who rambled about how great I thought the movie was.

But yeah, after watching the movie a few more times I went off and bought the GBA version of Prophecy. Prophecy got me pretty excited about Wing Commander, but I still have yet to go back and finish playing the game. College and my Xbox got in the way.

Cool....

Crazydog7 said:
This site might inspire you to become more fanatical. I had only played WC3 when I found this site. After that, one of the members (Chernikov) mailed me a copy of WC4 that he came across- and I'm still very grateful. Following that I ended up reading all of the William Forstchen Wing Commander novels and the one by Mercedes Lackey. Finally, I recently bought a Nintendo system in order to play WC1 and SM1 and enjoyed playing those even though the graphics and game engine were outdated.
Crazydog7 said:
Any of the rest of you guys firefly fans? Just thought I'd ask. Anyway great to be here.
Yep, I've seen the movie and every show in the series.

Back