Hello

Scavenger

Spaceman
Hey there is this the hemans woman hater's club? <gives hi-sign> :)

I just signed up but truth be told I have been comming here on and off for years... I have always been a big WC Fan. I think I played through most every game, and loved every min of it. I too was disapointed in the movie a little, but it grew on me a little.. It's ok.. I wish it would have stuck to the first game closer, but Chris's first movie, and Hollywood probably put their 2cents in. Yes I own the DVD.. I paid, get this... 30 bucks for it because when it came out the first run it was high, but most DVDs then were 25-30.. no such thing as 10 buck dvds that many years ago. What can I say I am loyal.. I am not one to jump up and down about something I didn't think was up to the normal level of the WC Universe... It's hard to maintain that same level of quality all the time. Nobody is perfect :)

I have about everything WC
WC1 the big box with all the junk (60 bucks I think)
WC1 SO1 and 2 (that thing was 15.00 new.. that was a lot)
WC2 (first week it came out, one of my fav) but not near as cool a packing as WC1 (60 again)
WC2 Speach pack (15.00)
WC2 SO1 and 2 (20.00 each I think)
WC Academy (20 or 30 this one was probably not my fav)
WC Armarda (50 bucks me and my friend played that for years)
WC3 The Reel Eddition (friggin 100 bucks)
WC4 (50 I think)
WC Prophecy (reg edditon 50 bucks I think)
WC spec ops.. (download... Freebiee.. Zip.. Zero... Naaadaaa)
Privateer 1 (50.00)
Privateer Speach Pack. (20.00)
Privateer 2 (50.00)
WC Kilrathi Saga (20.00... they were blowing it out.. I broke down and got one.. thank goodness)

The only other one I would like would be Privateer CD with RF... don't remember if I got that one heh.

The reason for the prices it's funny to hear people talk about giving 15.00 for a game I gave 60 for. :)

Plus several books, and soundtracks... man that's a lot of crap eh?

Anyway great to be here, and I will probably be posting from time to time. :) Nice to see other fans out there that are just as pumped about the game as I am.

Scavenger

Nice collection. Welcom to the forums. Is that regular wc4 or the DVD version?

Scavenger said:
The only other one I would like would be Privateer CD with RF... don't remember if I got that one heh.

The reason for the prices it's funny to hear people talk about giving 15.00 for a game I gave 60 for. :)

Plus several books, and soundtracks... man that's a lot of crap eh?

Anyway great to be here, and I will probably be posting from time to time. :) Nice to see other fans out there that are just as pumped about the game as I am.

Hey, that's an excellent start. It's good to see you finally signed up. Keep hunting down the books. They are a huge resource for Wing Commander backstory, and they're mostly quite cheap. If you don't have Righteous Fire, the Privateer CD is a must-buy. RF had a neato box by itself, but the CD version of Privateer (and RF) has much more speech than the Speech Pack for Priv gave on its own. All the voiceovers were redone and all the story is narrated. Welcome aboard and all.

thanks for the greetings.

Mine I hate to say is not the DVD version... I wish. :)

Yeah I hate to say it I missed the CD version of Privateer because at the time I was playing all these space games WC spawned, and since I already played Privateer I missed it. :( I am trying to find one now... that and a WCIII regular box. I might even have my T-Shirt around heh.

ChrisReid said:
Keep hunting down the books. They are a huge resource for Wing Commander backstory.

That's true! I managed to find the Baen novels and some of the official guides (still hunting for the others), and I'm enjoing every page of them!
I'm also new in the forum... used to be a huge Wing Commander fan back in the mid - '90, and now, thanks to the CIC, I'm "back in the cockpit"! :D

This is what I have...
Wing Commander Deluxe Edition (floppy & CD)
Wing Commander II Deluxe Edition
Wing Commander III
Wing Commander IV (CD & DVD v2.0)
Wing Commander Prophecy
Wing Commander Secret Ops (in my HD...)
Wing Commander Prophecy Gold
Wing Commander The Kilrathi Saga
Wing Commander Privateer CD-ROM Edition
Privateer 2 The Darkening Deluxe Edition ( The DOS one...)
Wing Commander Armada
Super Wing Commander (3DO)
Freedom Flight
End Run
Fleet Action
Hearth of the Tiger
The Price of Freedom
Actions Stations
False Colors
Wing Commander I & II: The Ultimate Strategy Guide
The Authorized Combat Guide to Wing Commander III
Origin's Official Guide to Wing Commander III
Wing Commander Prophecy: The Official Strategy Guide
Wing Commander Armada Playtesters' Guide
Origin's Official Guide to Privateer 2: The Darkening

I will buy Academy and the WC4 and Privateer Guides sooner or later...:)

Edx said:

It's the name of the boys club in "the little rascals" They made it in retaliation for none of the boys being invited to one of the girls birthday party.

Women are welcome here though... they just tend to keep to themselves. Some of the girls who have stopped by were a little too hormonaly unstable though: http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=19000

Seriously, who gets so pissed when one person asks that you not abuse the colors that they don't come back.

Bandit LOAF said:
We're not supposed to abuse the colors?!

I guess I'm leaving forever :(

Hehehe, talk to Chris about it.

ChrisReid said:
Before it turns into too much of a habit, one of the things we pride ourselves on is not over-embellishing with common loud internet decoration. One of our CZ Rules discourages things like frequent use of colors and font effects, so most of your stuff should go under the board defaults.
cowgirl ACE said:
Nice public SMACKDOWN, ever heard of IM? Nice to meet you too. So much for freedom of expression and feminity. Ok, that's cool, you want to run a drab Authoritarian board that's cool. Later.
Bandit LOAF said:
Don't worry about it, Chris didn't mean it that way. I'm sure he just wanted to let everyone know how he felt about colors and not just you.

But alas, she never paid attention to that last post LOAF and she was never heard from again... Despite no one in that thread actually being mean. In fact 98 percent of the posters there were being very nice.

Back