Heart of the Tiger, Classic style

TheFraix

Vice Admiral
This was one of my craziest WC ideas I had several years back...

I was just wondering.

What would it be like if we could play Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger, but in a style much more like WC1&2. I'm not just talking about the retro feel, but would it be interesting to see the game in an animated, older style.

Bring back the animated characters and mouth forming syllables...
and the bitmapped 3d graphics... and the dynamic music...

and the like!

Nostalgic feelings perhaps...

how hard could it be to recreate the cinematic cutscenes from the WC1/2 engine?

Originally posted by TheFraix
This was one of my craziest WC ideas I had several years back...
...What would it be like if we could play Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger, but in a style much more like WC1&2. ...
"Crazy" is right.

"I don't think so, Tim..."

Yeah, I thought of that

But I thought it was so silly, that it wouldn't be worth doing.

Plus, I thought it would be stupid.

-Concordia

I think it would be cool in a Retro way (and I don't mean the Church of Man :p ) to play WC3 in WC2 style. However, I haven't the faintest idea how we could create animated cutscenes for the storyline, even though setting up the missions and ships ought to be easy enough. Thus, I don't see this being a viable fan project unless somebody can get around the cutscenes problem.

Well, it ain't too hard, is it? All we need is a big doohicky of cash, pay Origin (or what's left of it) and we take overall control of such a project. ok?

Originally posted by dacis2
Well, it ain't too hard, is it? All we need is a big doohicky of cash, pay Origin (or what's left of it) and we take overall control of such a project. ok?

From a legal point of view, you'd have to either buy the rights from EA, or negotiate a license. It's something that would be unusual for EA, but it's somewhat common in the copyright industry. And then there's the matter of the huge amount of cash.

yeah... i guess they cant see something and learn...or they would kno that taking over all the companies is not a good thing, look at microsoft.... they have tons of court cases a day over that kinda crap :eek:

Back