Heads up - Kilrathi Fighter Aces

Adm_maverick

Rear Admiral
So in a sort of weird not exactly but still connected tanget to my idea of a Wing Commander Miniaturs game, I did some coloring of the image of the Kilrathi Ace, Bhurack Star Killer. And then I decided to do all 4 of the Kilrathi aces from Wing Commander 1. So here they are:

bakhtosh.png BHURAKSTARKILLERCAT3-colored.png DAKHATHCAT1.PNG KHAJJATHEFANG.png KHAJJATHEFANG-black.png

I did 2 versions of Khajja because originally I tried to go with something more akin to a panther's coloring as opposed to a lions coloring. Not really sold on the end result, so I switched to something more like a Lion. I always thought of Khajja as a 'pretty boy', like the kind of character that if he were human he would be the 'Hot lady's man' so I tried to go for a sort of semi-glamourous look, like he conditioned and styled his mane to look better.

I like them! I agree that the Panther look is not quite fitting. I'm surprised you chose Khajja as the ladies' man. After all he's described as a rather unusual pilot. I would have picked Bakthosh as the vain one. Oh, I especially like Bhurak's red space suite.

Totally cool! You did a great job, I especially love Bhurak's red suit.

The Super Famicom version of Claw Marks made a similar attempt, if you'd like to compare:

Attachments

• colorcats.jpg
    colorcats.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 73
I like them! I agree that the Panther look is not quite fitting. I'm surprised you chose Khajja as the ladies' man. After all he's described as a rather unusual pilot. I would have picked Bakthosh as the vain one.

I always thought of BakTosh as being the one who gave off the sense of smug superiority, like standing in the same room and not having your throat ripped out was him doing you a favor and you should be grateful that he'll give you that honor kind of smuggness.

But for some reason I always viewed Khajja as being like the Kilrathi Maniac. Fast operator, runs things his own ways, has a long track record with the women... er mates? Pelt club?

Totally cool! You did a great job, I especially love Bhurak's red suit.

The Super Famicom version of Claw Marks made a similar attempt, if you'd like to compare:

Yeah I ran across that literally as I was finishing Dakhath (leaving just Khajja).

Also fun little fact: I used color reference from Naala in Disney's Tthe Lion King for Khajja.

Great job! Those look fantastic. But...

But for some reason I always viewed Khajja as being like the Kilrathi Maniac. Fast operator, runs things his own ways, has a long track record with the women... er mates? Pelt club?
I'm genuinely puzzled by this. And by puzzled, I mean extremely surprised. Seriously, have you even read his profile? :)

Then perhaps you should :). You may find he's rather... different than you imagine.

I'd be happy to... if I could find the box with all my old computer manuals in it. It's somewhere between Virginia and Kansas.

Do we have a PDF of it by chance?

Odd, I speccificaly did a search for stuff on SolSector.net and it didn't come up. OH well. Thanks for the link.

Hey Chris, random question for ya. Is there something about my projects that spark your desires for alliteration? As a curiosity point, I've noticed that most of the times you've posted my stuff under news you use some sort of alliteration when coming up with the post title.

Last edited:
I always thought of BakTosh as being the one who gave off the sense of smug superiority, like standing in the same room and not having your throat ripped out was him doing you a favor and you should be grateful that he'll give you that honor kind of smuggness.

Exactly - and because of this superiority he always takes extra care of his mane! :)

But all in good fun - we all have our unexplainable associations.

Hey Chris, random question for ya. Is there something about my projects that spark your desires for alliteration? As a curiosity point, I've noticed that most of the times you've posted my stuff under news you use some sort of alliteration when coming up with the post title.

I never noticed that. You must just be lucky.

Back