Hardest Enemies

Several to choose from. Are we talking fighters or capships? Steltek drone annoys me a fair bit. The Hhriss are probably the worst for WC1.

Actually, I think the Steltek drone tops the list for me.

Capships: the WC3/WC:p kilrathi corvette.

Fighters: Epees (well, when you're flying an Epee yourself. *G*)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
Fighters: Epees (well, when you're flying an Epee yourself. *G*)
DAMN RIGHT! I hated those missions...

WC1: Gratha (more than Jalthi, very weak on the back)
WC2: Grikaths and Ralathas
WC3: Vaktoths and Sorthaks
WC4: Vindicators and Dragons
WCP: dunno

Pfft, Drakhai were wusses.

"You cannot defeat the Drakhai!"

"Arrrrgh!" :)

I still think the Steltek Drone tops it, but anyway:

WC1: Hhriss. Capships were easy, but ones which took a long time were a bit annoying. ie Snakier, Sivar.
WC2: Gothri. Grikaths were only annoying because of their turrets. Any Ralatha or Fralthra which had gunners smart enough to use AMGs
WC3: I suppose the Vaktoth's turrets were a pain. The corvette's AMG too.
WC4: Only the Dragons. Vesuvius could sometimes cause trouble.
WCP: Devil Ray is probably the only one worth mentioning. Capships were easy, but I suppose the Leviathan would be the worst in terms of the number of turrets.

WC1: Gratha/ Hhriss.
WC2: Grikath/Gothri. Cap ships were annoying but not really dangerous.
WC3: Paktahn's turret was annoying, Vakthoth was not too easy either. Kilrathi corvette definately the most dangerous capship
WC4: Arrow (too nimble)
WCP: Devil Ray. Leviathan were dangerous and so were the Kilrathi corvette.

Priv: Steltek drone(until you get the boosted gun) or Stilettos and Gothri

Armada: Shok'lar/Gladius

Yo! Retros are a Privateer enemy.
Some kind of religious sect that hates technology... Yet they use fighters to blow up non-believers out of space, so go figure...

[Retro]Die by the very weapons you adore![/Retro]

Capships: the WC3/WC:p kilrathi corvette.
Yeah, definately! Those things are annoying beyond believe! The only way I can effectively beat them without damage to meself is in a ship that supports AutoSlide.
I remember one mission in WC3 where you had to clear the path for the victory and at the end of the mission it'd jump out of system. You encountered at least 3 corvettes, maybe 4.
I remember I couldn't get that mission done, because my wingman (Hobbes) would die at the first corvette, and then I had nobody to draw the fire. So I had to use 'Attack my target' to prevent Hobbes from attacking the corvettes so I could keep him alive while I singlehandedly tackled those damned corvettes. *sigh*, they don't make wingmen like they used too.
Oh wait, withdraw that last statement, I think every wingman I've ever flown with has died for some stupid AI flaw (ranging from dying in minefields to crashing into thine own carrier).

Originally posted by mpanty
Yo! Retros are a Privateer enemy.
Some kind of religious sect that hates technology... Yet they use fighters to blow up non-believers out of space, so go figure...

[Retro]Die by the very weapons you adore![/Retro]
A classic example of the pot calling the kettle black! :D

WC3/WC:p Kilrathi corvette.
Hmm, I find the WCP corvette significantly easier than the WC3 version since they're only armed with lasers. But I suppose they still have good aim, and can bring several turrets to bear simultaneously. Not to mention that the turrets are indestructible.

Originally posted by Unforgiven
...I think every wingman I've ever flown with has died for some stupid AI flaw (ranging from dying in minefields to crashing into thine own carrier).
The latter I found was good for WC2 with wingmen who don't want to obey your "Return to base" order. :)

Well, I'm going to stick to WC3 because thats the one I've been playing the most recently. I never had much trouble with Vaktoth or Sorthak, if you come in at the right angle, its very easy to avoid their turrets. I have more of a problem with the Pahktans. I have a harder time finding the right angle to avoid its turret from behind, Probably because of its shallow rear profile. And like most heavy Kilrathi fighters, you don't want to take them on head on.

I remember being in an Arrow against Paktahns defending Blackmane base. Since the speed difference was so great, you could literally fly rings around the bombers. So I treated them as I would corvettes, and just kept sliding and strafing.

Back