happy ners yeads

If I could go back in time, I would make sure that I passed my Exams and then I would have finished my course, instead of having to repeat this year

hm..too bad :(

Better luck next time buddy ;)

Where is a time machine when you need one huh ?

Originally posted by TC
That doesn't even begin to make sense or be funny... :(
Well, funny is a matter of opinion, but as far as "making sense" goes, it refers to the phenomena of "vaporware".

Can you say "Duke Nukem Forever", or ( ::shudders:: ) "Daikatana"?...
or better yet, "Microsoft"?...

You can't pass judgement on DNF if it hasn't come out yet.

Daikatana was bad but it's still not Super Pitfall, the cheapest game ever.

And WTF does Microsoft have anything to do with what you call "vaporware"?

Originally posted by LeHah

Hmm?
DNF is vaporware, and will be until its released. Technically, ALL software titles can be considered vaporware until they're actually released, although only some (including DNF) really deserve the connotations that go along with that.
Daikatana, by dint of the fact that it was actually on a store shelf in a playable (albeit lacking fun) form, is not.

And I really hope the Microsoft comment was a stab at sarcasm.

Originally posted by junior
Hmm?
ALL software titles can be considered vaporware until they're actually released

No they can't... according to the Jargon File, Vaporware is:

Products announced far in advance of any release (which may or may not actually take place).

So if something is announced and released in a timely manner (eg. not announced a stupidly long time before it's released) it is not vaporware.

Originally posted by LeHah

I refer you to TC's post below for the definition of "vaporware":

Daikatana was announced WAY long before it came out, and then when it did come out, most folks had lost interest by then, and the rest lost interest when they found it was craptacular.

Similarly DNF, in that it's been "just around the corner" for years...

Finally, MS has, among its many nasty habits, the tendency to announce new versions of Windows and then keep pushing back the release dates time & time again. How 'bout MS keeping their trap shut and then just finally releasing a Windows OS "when it's finished" (like THAT'LL ever happen...:p ...witness the Win ME debacle...)

You've defeated your whole point by calling Daikatana, which was released, vaporware.

Uh, no he hasn't... not according to the definition TC just gave.
Originally quoted by TC
Products announced far in advance of any release (which may or may not actually take place).
--Eder

Back