Happy Birthday, Wing Commander (March 12, 2009)

Guys!

I'll be terse and precise in what I'm stating.

It's my dream to make a Wing Commander movie along with Chris Roberts within 10 years from now.

The movie was good enough for me. I just don't understand why so many over there at us.imdb.com rate it so poorly. They got a lot of odd ideas on why the movie is so bad!

I hope everyone will still be around when Arena hits it's 10th anniversary!

Any chance this movie will ever be released in blu ray and, even better, with the complete cut and the traitor sub plot ?

Oh and yeah I did enjoy the movie, far from perfect but not terrible.

I guess the main problem for most fans (including me) is that Wing Commander games were already as much movies than video games.

For me Blair will always be Mark Hamill, Tolwyn, MacDowell and Paladin, John Rhys Davis.
Seeing all those other guys playing them felt just odd.

But the movie was a cool sci fi flick and a cool space opera (If you think about it, there are not so many space operas in cinema)

Sadly I think WC is a thing from the past and that we will never see any substantial Wing Commander work in the future.

Any chance this movie will ever be released in blu ray and, even better, with the complete cut and the traitor sub plot ?

I think we'll eventually get a blu-ray release but it probably will be pretty basic. I'm not sure we'll see a more complete cut on an official release for a while. From what I've heard Chris Roberts wanted to raise money to finish a longer cut recently but it hasn't happened and nothing came of it. Part of the problem is that without going back to the original prints all the deleted scene stuff is in really rough shape and the effects aren't finished.

Sadly I think WC is a thing from the past and that we will never see any substantial Wing Commander work in the future.

I think this is only a matter of time. Since the last game was released there has been a steady stream of projects proposed and worked on to varying degrees in an attempt to bring back or continue the series. Eventually one such attempt will be bound to stick.

Back