Halo News!

I have Halo somewhere around, maybe I should check it out after all... At least, being an relatively old game, it should run smoothly.

The Halo PC port was not very good, it runs too slow for the level of graphics it display.

Your machine should run it, though. And the game has some very good moments.

Halo runs really well on my PowerBook at 1440x960 and it's a weakass piece of junk relative to most game PCs out there. I can't imagine why it would run slowly for anyone.

Just thought I'd pass this along since it's rather close. MS released this yesterday...

"Beginning Monday, Dec. 4, by visiting http://www.halo3.com, gamers in North America will be able to register for the opportunity to be one of the select members to join the unprecedented "Halo 3" public beta program, scheduled to kick off in spring 2007."

Frankie of Bungie later corrected the MS release in stating that the beta will not be limited to just North America and will be available in Europe and "elsewhere in the world" here.

Right now halo3.com links right back to bungie.net, so for those who are interested be ready for monday.

Halo3.com is now live!!! If you want to get in on the public mutliplayer beta sign up now!

I can't wait to see the new commercial tonight as well...

Last night's Halo 3 commercial is up on multiple sites and Xbox Marketplace, HBO has links on the front page for both HD and SD versions of it.

I highly recommend it, the Chief sure looks good.

It's an awesome commercial, makes me wish that they'd use pre-rendered cutscenes (ah, the good old days).

It's an awesome commercial, makes me wish that they'd use pre-rendered cutscenes (ah, the good old days).

The annoucement trailer here was done all in engine and it looks pretty damn slick too.

The commercial itself has generated an amazing amount of debate (did Cortana say "leave me" or "believe me"?, is that the Chief and another Spartan II during their training? what was that new shield device the Chief used? and is that Johnson asking if anyone's heard from the Chief? how did he get to Earth so fast?)

The first time I showed the ad to some of my halo friends they all got goosebumps. 2007 can't come fast enough.

Yeah it looked sweet...although they could have trimmed down the scene with the two kids talking and given us some more Halo action. :) I think this is just the first of many commercials though the way they released this first one. With probably just under a year till they release the game, these commercials will be great at generating some serious hype. This could be the most anticipated game launch in history. We'll see.

It looks like the helmet is about the height of a DVD case -- not something you can wear.

As for whether or not it's worth it... Halo certainly isn't my favorite game, but the idea of special editions in general is pretty great. Where would we be without our neat Wing Commander III Premiere Editions or our Privateer 2 Deluxe Editions?

Actual photographs of the special edition are out now http://www.overpal.com/showthread.php?t=1962

halo3box1.jpg

halo3box2.jpg

halo3box3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I'd post this for those who are interested.

Bungie/MS has started a ARG campaign to promote Halo3, as if it needed it.

The campaign is centered around something called Adjutant Reflex who is attempting to contact us. Halo3.com has changed where it now has a series of boxes that show servers which are currently locked. A pretty cool comic was uploaded that shows an ancient human watching the building of something near Voi, Tanzania.

A forum has been created at HBO for talking about it. So if you're interested go catch up and get ready to find out what happens at 12am on the 20th.

Dangit.

The only stores taking pre-orders for the Legendary is Wal-Mart. I can do Best Buy / Futureshop, but those are online only (and no special posters or other crap you normally get for pre-ordering).

Well, maybe it's time to bug the sales reps so I can get a pre-order, or pre-order the pre-order kit they're gonna have (hopefully). (I managed to score a Halo 3 Zune... it's a Zune, but at least the Halo stuff makes it look nice).

Noticed I forgot to add this site as well. This is where the clock is countdown to midnight tonight. The text has been changing daily and sometimes several times daily. This address comes from messing around on the last page of the comic.

Back