Gwriss 2a

Dragonslayer

Spaceman
Im replaying prophecy because im bored. I keep autopiloting to the destroyers at NAv1 and when i get there the two destroyers are automatically killed. I show up at the nav point and bam they die. Can someone help me out with this

it's happened to me too. only advice i can give is that if you want to personally kill the destroyers, restart the mission and pray they don't get killed again. other than that, sit back and watch the fireworks :D

There´s a story about a mission in WCP that has a bug which is corrected by playing one of the sim missions (7, maybe). I don´t know if it is Gwriss 2a, though.

Originally posted by Starkey
There´s a story about a mission in WCP that has a bug which is corrected by playing one of the sim missions (7, maybe). I don´t know if it is Gwriss 2a, though.

No, that's a bug that doesn't depend on what mission you're playing and it's symptom is the "Your carrier has been destroyed" message appearing on launch.

The question is, does the game, as far as mission objectives go, recognize them as killed? If so, I'd suggest just playing through it. You can't complete your secondary objectives, but the mission will still be a success and you'll go to G'wriss 3a instead of 3b

Originally posted by TC
The question is, does the game, as far as mission objectives go, recognize them as killed?

it does when it happens to me (and it happens about every other time i play it)

I have these problems too - it happens with any of those double-destroyer missions.

I think it started after playing around with either WCP Edit or WCP Ammo. It still happens with a fresh install, so I'm thinking the save files might have something to do with it. I had something similar in SO where the Kyoto Rose kept dying within seconds of launching... except the last time I played SO it didn't happen, so I managed to save it with all three transports intact.

I always wondered if anyone else had that prob... Prophecy/SO seems to have a bug in the save/history files, if you replay the game (especally SO) useing the same pilot so it overwrites the files, certin ships blow up as soon as you encounter them, in Prophecy the only ones that come to mind are thoes destroyers, but I only played Prophecy once like that before I figured out what the prob was. SO on the other hand I played through many times like that, the Kyoto Rose blows up, so does Luyten Station in the mission where you have to defend it from cap-ship missiles that a bug curiser launches... it blows up before the 1st capmiss is launched actually :p I think there was another one but I dont remember it off the top of my head... and its an odd bug too... only some things blow up the 1st time the bug shows up, but if you play it through AGAIN more stuff blows up... in Prophecy it seems random.. tho in SO it seems like the things that blow up are the things that send you to the loseing path missions... hmm... :eek: And the bug takes longer to show up in Prophecy, I didnt encounter it untill I had played the same pilot like 4-5 times, in SO it always happened the 1st or 2nd time i played a pilot again.

Anyway, the fix is to delete the "save" & "history" folders, and the "autosave.gsw" file in the Prophecy/SO folder before you restart the campaign.

Yeah, I also get it with Luyten Station.

Pity deleting everything is the only way to fix it. I suppose I need to manually keep track of which missions have what scores before delete/overwriting them.

Back