Great Mods out there

Ultimatar

Spaceman
I've seen some great mod sites from this website with the Nephilim and around time of WC3 and so on but has anyone done any re-making of the original Wing Commander or WC2? Those were my favorites. How about a large mod spanning WC1 to 3 or beyond? Is that even possible? I know not every aspect of the originals can be duplicated, the mission briefing room, all the wingmates and they're dialogue, etc. but the basic aspect of flying the missions on new graphic technology would be excellent.
Am I just not looking hard enough? Sorry if this is the case! :)

The Standoff mod does a good job of emulating the WC1 and 2 style with a more modern 3D engine.

There's no 'u' in Nephilim.

(Seriously, everybody sticks it there... where does it come from? The word is neither spelled nor pronounced that way.)

Dunno about the spelling....

Unknown Enemy was a great mod though...very hard to beat as well, play it if you like a challenge.

People usually can't spell shield, emperor, caffeine and deity either.

But I've seen nephilem more often than nephilum.

Well, of all the mods mentioned, UE is the only one that is completed. It is good, altough a tad too hard.

It's difficult, but, once you do make it through (without cheating), you are ready to take on just about anything the other WC games can throw at you.

(BTW, Standoff will be much more difficult)

Iceman16 said:
what would those reasons be?

Probably because, as the book says, Confed is totally overwhelmed by a brand new, massive Kilrathi strike force moving towards Earth at the heart of Sol Sector.

The MODs progress is amazing.I haven`t been here for a long time ,lots of things changed :) .Thats great

Iceman16 said:
what would those reasons be?

More things are taken into account than previously in WC games, due to custom-made adjustments. Like leaving your wingmen to fend for themselves? I wouldn't do that. Think you'll just casually charge that cluster of Talons? I wouldn't do that. Think that taking a little pot shot at that Gothri (which, by the way, is an invalid target because of the armistice) won't get you into any trouble? I wouldn't do that.

This honestly goes a step beyond any WC game so far. You're the Wing Commander in this game, and you have to act like one. And, you have to stay alive. And you can't rely on the superiority of Confed fighters. At this stage in the game, everybody's packin lethal heat, trigger fingers are itchy, and you're already running low on ammo . . .

Back