Gravis Phoenix/Throttle

Sythifuge

Spaceman
Greetings,

Does anyone use a Gravis Phoenix with Wing Commander I? I am using the default WC.PHX file, and the throttle isn't working right. When I use the trottle in-game, its jumpy, and never goes full speed, and rarely goes full stop. I have tried adjusting the value in PCC. The throttle works as expected when I do the tests in PCC. I have a 486DX2-66 (using moslo with a value of 40) if that info helps. If anyone knows what I need to do to properly use the throttle, please let me know! Also, it doesn't work right for me in Armada, either....

Sythifuge

WC1 doesn't support a throttle natively, but the Phoenix can emulate a throttle by assigning keys and increments.

Sythifuge said:
WC1 doesn't support a throttle natively, but the Phoenix can emulate a throttle by assigning keys and increments.
Ah, then it is likely that you've set up something wrong with the utility try messing with the options till you hit the right spot.

I've got pretty much the same experience with the throttle of the Phoenix. I think it sends the keystrokes too fast for WC1 to recognize properly. Haven't used the Phoenix in quite some time, but couldn't you also assign a single keypress for full throttle and no throttle? At least in the latter case you can assign Backspace to no throttle for a working full stop.
Alternatively don't use an absolute throttle, but devide the axis into 3 regions. Lower one continously presses -. middle one does nothing, upper one continously presses +. Not the most useful setting as it isn't as intuitive as it could be, but probably the only working solution.

Back