Gl::loadDLL load failed 6, 126=The specified module could not be found"

T

Triple-B

hey folks,

has anyone a solution for this problem yet?

Question: When I try to run the game in 16 bit mode, I get the following error: "Please re-run the install program. Gl::loadDLL load failed 6, 126=The specified module could not be found"

Answer: We're still not sure what may cause this. First, try uninstalling Standoff and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't help and if you have Unknown Enemy installed, try uninstalling both Standoff and UE from your system, and then re-installing Standoff.

I get the problem not just in 16 bit mode, but also in 32 bit mode. standoff1&2 used to work before, suddenly this problem occured an reinstalling did not help.

my system runs with an ATI Radeon 9600 pro.

an suggestions or help?

Do you have UE installed as well?

Did the problem start only after you installed Ep 3 on top of your Ep 1/2 installation?

Have you moved or renamed a folder in the game's path ? You always have to keep in mind that Secret Ops saves it's installed path in the Windows registry, so you have to keep it at the same place as it was installed, and have Unknown Enemy and Standoff installed in this exact same folder/path. Also, there can be only one true SO folder; having a copy will end up giving unexpected result.

What I suggest:
  1. Uninstall Standoff, Unknown Enemy and Secret Ops, then reinstall everything in the same folder. You can keep the savegames in backup if you want.

...OR...

2. If you are familiar enough with the registry, edit the "Installed to:" key to reflect the correct path where Secret Ops/UE/Standoff are. This will fix your problem only if all these were already in one single folder and you had only one copy of it.

I am pretty sure that's your problem, but giving us more details would be better; what's your OS ? Have you set Win9x compatibility on the EXE ? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Just a thought but did you just install new video drivers? If so try going back to the old ones. I think the last build of the ATI drivers has a few Direct3D issues for old versions.

Well I just had this error for the first time, has nothing do with video cards. I had installed UE a while ago and just uninstalled it, went to run standoff and this error pops up. So I guess uninstalling must have broken something.

Oh yeah, there are some issues with the UE uninstaller and Standoff, as uninstalling UE removes some files Standoff needs. Just re-install Standoff over (no need to uninstall first) and it should fix it.

I had to reinstall SO and standoff. Only thing is now I have sound errors, weird. Don't know if it has anything to do with it though, could just be a random thing.

Anyway sound FX work but the comms crash the game. Speaking of comms wish there was a way to disable the death message. If you turn comms off they don't talk but they still don't die until they would be done talking.

If you mean "avoid sound skipping" yes I did, I'll try it without that and see if it works. I had it on before though.

Didn't work :( I must have really broken something when I uninstalled. Have to try a clean reinstall, not that I miss in-flight comms really but I'll want SO working for that multi-player patch comming up.

Sonic TH said:
[...] I'll want SO working for that multi-player patch comming up.
The multiplayer patch coming up is for WCP, not SO. An SO version we'll be able to use for Standoff won't be coming up too soon.

The comms videos that are not right, are they Standoff's, or SO ? If they're Standoff and you have checked the "Avoid sound skipping on fast machines" option, make sure your DirectX sound acceleration option is re-enabled (dxdiag.exe).

Yeah it's enabled, it's not the videos just the computer voice that crashes it seems.

For me SO came with WCP gold.

Back