GL DLL error

GeForcer

Spaceman
Hello Wing Commanders! This is my first post and I hope I am not bringing something that was answer before! I have looked around and didn’t find anything!

My problem is that I downloaded Wing Commander Unknown Enemy (Basic version) from http://unknownenemy.solsector.net/download.html and I installed it! Then I started the WC UE launcher to set the options, and when I tried to start the game it just tell me (Fatal) "Could not determine what GL DLL to load." I tried every setting possible but nothing seems to work! I am using XP (pro) so I tried to change the compatibility Mode to 95, 98/me, NT and 2000 but nothing works! I have a GeForce 4 TI 4200 and the drivers for it are up to date!

Could it be that the game was not made for this card or for XP?
Do I need to download some kind of directX file?
Is there a Direct 3d or Glide file to download?
Should I try to contact be email the company?

I know I am asking a lot but I would be happy to get an answer!
So take your time and don’t be shy to tell me that I am not at the right place!

I hope I didn’t take to mush of you time and thxs so mush for your help (what ever it may be) :D

Could it be that the game was not made for this card or for XP?

The game should work fine on XP and with your video card. You just have to set the right compatibility mode by right clicking on "wcue.exe", properties, and select Windows 95/98 on the compatibilities tab.

Do I need to download some kind of directX file?
If you have the latest Directx (8.0 and above) you don´t need to.

Is there a Direct 3d or Glide file to download?
No. Try different video modes (Software, D3D 16bits, D3D 32bits, Glide). One of them should work.
If you really wanna run it on the Glide mode, check if your video card is Glide compatible and, if that´s so, download the newest Glide driver for your card.

Should I try to contact be email the company?
HAHAHAHAHAHA. LOL! Hey Quarto, what´s the name of your company?
Just kidding. The *company* is here. UE is a fan-made mod for Secret Ops. The *online support* for Unknown Enemy is located on this very forum. They will soon provide you with better help, if my tips don´t solve your problem.

One last thing, you did install Unknown Enemy in the same folder that you installed Secret Ops, right? Or you don´t even have Secret Ops? UE will only work if installed in the same folder of Wing Commander: Secret Ops.

thnx!!!

Thnx for the fast answer!

I tried the compatibility mode (98 and the other) with all the settings possible but it didn’t work! Sad but thru! I have directX 8.2 installed to! Somehow it’s not working!

Could it be the GEforce4 ti 4200?

I hope not!

Thnx again and again for you answer! If you got an other idea I would be happy to know about it!:D

As Starkey said check you've installed Unknown Enemy in the Secret Ops directory, check you enabled compatability mode on "wcue.exe" and not "unknown enemy.exe" and failing that I had this problem once myself and uninstalling and then reinstalling both secret ops and unknown enemy seemed to work.

Also don't forget to set your preferences using the Unknown Enemy launcher :)

Re: thnx!!!

Originally posted by GeForcer

Could it be the GEforce4 ti 4200?

As for that it better not be!
Thats the card I'm getting in my new PC, mmmm 128MB MSI Geforce 4 Ti42000 :D 512MBDDR and Athalon XP2000 (laughs thinking of the speed Privateer 2 will run)

Sadly I don’t have internet high speed connection so I'll need time to download it! But thank you all for your suggestions!

I hope that soon I'll have the game and I'll be able to share my comments! For now I can only say "Dialup Sucks" but your Forums rule!!!

Oh and sorry I didn’t pay enough attention (I have A.D.D.) LOL!
I should have seen that the game is an add-on! Stupid me ;)

I know its off-topics but I might be the best way for me to know! Why it is that Wing Commander Secret Ops was abandoned? (Its kuz I've been looking around to know a bit more about the game) Looks like I am a bit late LOL ;)

Back