Give Me a Resin (February 9, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
There's more Wing Commander models from Kiyara! He's added the Confederation, Ralari, Fralthi, Snakeir, Sivar, WC3-style Confederation Destroyer, Rapier and 'movie' Bengal to his lineup... and they all look fantastic. Interested parties can buy any of these resin models at his website. You can see some of his previous work here.

--
Original update published on February 9, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Regrettably that site appears to be down now

Anyone out there who could help me getting such a resin model ?

regards
Scotty

Anyone out there who could help me getting such a resin

I don't know about resin but if you're any good with a CAD program you could build a CAD model and upload it to http://www.printapart.com/ and they will produce as many as you want.

I read about these guys in Fine Scale Modeler, where the article writer had needed a scale military air compressor, and according to the article the price didn't seem too prohibitive. The other side of it too ius that since they will produce as many as you want you could have them make a bunch and sell off the extras to offset the cost.

The good news is that it doesn't seem to be terribly difficult to produce good results - Kiyara was working with some kind of freeware software package and I believe he stated that he had very little experience. For the shapes you're working with (WCIII-IV capital ships?) you can probably arrange a few boxes together and then boolean the thing together - I think these examples were done by simply the former, so if you use this technique it's even simpler.

Hopefully they ship to Germany too .. :)

got me OneSpace Modeling Personal Edition (CAD program) lets see if I still remember what I learnd 13 years ago (and never used again :p )

Unfortunately, yes. My Fralthi was jumped by a wing of Broadswords.

Attachments

• 12-23-08_1936.jpg
    12-23-08_1936.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 128
Back