Ghorah Kar

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
After doing some searching and figuring out what happened to Ghorah Kar at the end of Wing Commander 2... Its said that they re-joined the Kilrathi "care-taker" government after the war ended. Is there any written proof of this anywhere like in Victory strike? I'm just curious because honestly I find it somewhat hard to believe they'd be welcomed back by other Kilrathi, who would have a just claim that thier interferance gave the Confederation ample time to lower the boom (logical or not, a prejudiced Kilrathi could make that argument).

I always thought that the planet was re-taken because I'd hear about Kilrathi ground forces landing on Ghorah Kar at the end of WC2 SO1. Even if they were successfully beaten back, what about the WC3 era? With the Kilrathi winning the war on nearly every front, isn't it possible that they launched an attack on the system and simply re-took it? Like maybe during the Battle of Earth time period when Confed had close to nothing that could defend them operational.

I always thought that the planet was re-taken because I'd hear about Kilrathi ground forces landing on Ghorah Kar at the end of WC2 SO1. Even if they were successfully beaten back, what about the WC3 era? With the Kilrathi winning the war on nearly every front, isn't it possible that they launched an attack on the system and simply re-took it? Like maybe during the Battle of Earth time period when Confed had close to nothing that could defend them operational.

It wouldn't suprise me that before the Battle of Earth the Ghorah Khar Kilrathi were able to halt an assault by the Kilrathi Government, as the Confederation at that stage was still doing reasonable against the Kilrathi forces. But, it would seem logical with the massed Kilrathi advance during WC3 that Ghorah Khar would be at least under intense pressure, if not re-taken by the Kilrathi.

But hey, I'm no expert, that's what we have LOAF Bandit for.

Cheers,

Red Coat.

We actually only know that on the WCP map, they're marked as a Kilrathi Assembly of Clans system (along with the other WC2 defectors) - how it is they ended up back with the Kilrathi is never explained.

After doing some searching and figuring out what happened to Ghorah Kar at the end of Wing Commander 2... Its said that they re-joined the Kilrathi "care-taker" government after the war ended. Is there any written proof of this anywhere like in Victory strike? I'm just curious because honestly I find it somewhat hard to believe they'd be welcomed back by other Kilrathi, who would have a just claim that thier interferance gave the Confederation ample time to lower the boom (logical or not, a prejudiced Kilrathi could make that argument).

As others have pointed out, Gorah Khar's status comes from the Wing Commander Universe Map included with Wing Commander Prophecy and dated 2680. On it, Ghorah Khar is part of the "Kilrathi Assembly of Clans".

I would imagine the two sides could reconcile... think of East and West Germany, or the United States after the Civil War. Societies that have a lot more in common than whatever singular difference drove them apart will forgive eachother. Also, consider that Ghorah Khar's reasoning for leaving the Empire in the first place is no longer a real problem -- they disliked the Emperor, who is probably blamed by many Kilrathi for losing the war in 2680. (And, of course, most of this is political - there's probably some vast majority of Kilrathi on both sides content to live their lives without being involved in such schemes).

I don't think Kilrathi ground forces land at the end of WC2 SO1 - the story ends with Blair defeating the Kilrathi strike fleet, Tolwyn congratulating him for saving Ghorah Khar and then Thrakhath telling the Emperor that the entire attack was a ruse to delay the Confederation while he invaded the Deneb Sector (if you lose the last mission and have to play one extra, the fleet gets close enough to start bombarding the planet... but I don't think there's ever any ground attack).

We know that Ghorah Khar survived the Battle of Earth because of the 'investment' article in Victory Streak. That has a human company discovering 'Platolum' while salvaging a Kilrathi facility at Ghorah Khar in August 2669. If Ghorah Khar was retaken, it was done in the last few weeks of the war.

Back