Getting ants in my brain of WC4DVD

drutten

Spaceman
Hi all tech-pro's outm there. I'm sure u can give me a good advice to this problem that makes my go crazy soon. :)

btw I have a Asus TNT2 32MB Card. And Directx8

I installed Wc4 in a windows 98 2:nd edition system. At first I couldnt get any vob-file to play in my system but after awhile I managed to get it working. It worked showing vob-files in Power DVD with no problems. Anyway now it starts with the intro-movie (Sc_0010a.vob) and it looks great. But after 1:st choice to "Help him out" or "Straighten him out" it says it cant locate the files --> "Missing movie" and shows the path e:\vob\Sc_0010b.vob or e:\vob\Sc_0010c.vob :(

Why is that ??? and what can I do to fix the problem ?? Is there a patch or another solution to the problem ??

/Wondering

WC4DVD only works with a certain old Creative DVD drive. You'll be able to watch the movies with any DVD, but you can only play the game with the Creative decoder or something like that.

Originally posted by Wedge009
WC4DVD only works with a certain old Creative DVD drive. You'll be able to watch the movies with any DVD, but you can only play the game with the Creative decoder or something like that.

Creative Dxr2 or 3 decoder card (and any given DVD drive), from what I've read here. Saw one at a recent computer show for $25..think I'll pick it up, if they still have it there next month

You'll need a Creative Labs Dxr2, Dxr3 or a Hollywood Plus decorder card. You can get them at either CL web site or ebay.

I get this too...

I'd really love an answer to this problem as well. I've tried installing and playing the game from time to time since I got it with my Dxr2 bundle back in '98. Now that I've taken out my decoder card and replaced my DVD with a Pioneer, I'm in the same predicament. I could have sworn I got it working before without the card by doing some ini tweaks or something, but the last few times I installed and tried to play it, I've been having this problem. I don't really recall when it started, although I remember having a pretty hard time getting it to work the first time when I had the card and everything installed. Is that decoder card and Creative software REALLY required for it to work? Can't it work with PowerDVD, WinDVD, etc. instead? If anyone has a solution to this, I would be eternally greatful, as I'm really itching to go through this game again. :) Thanks.

yeah, i have the dvd version of the game and a dxr2 card, and wish that i didn't have to put the stupid thing back in my machine. that's the only thing keeping me from playing it. and to think, i used to have the cd version of the game, but i thought i didn't need it anymore, and sold it to my friend! i wonder where he is now? oh well...

styles

Actually...

Actually, I still have my CD version too. The movie quality sucks so bad though! And who knows how it would like Win2k.... ;)

Back