Get Wing Commander Music In The Music Section (May 30, 2006)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
If today's Trio has you searching out more sounds, visit the CIC Music section. There you can find nostalgic background tracks from most of the Wing Commander games, familiar tunes such as the WC1 scramble and audio sound effects extracted from all over. There are also unique variations from Wing Commander ports and deleted scenes. Even amazing items such as Team Fat's Surf Theme take on the Wing Commander title song are available. Don't forget to also check out the Albums subsection for information on official Wing Commander music CDs and downloadable links to tracks that have been promotionally released. Help us use up the rest of this month's bandwidth and download a song today!

--
Original update published on May 30, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiousity--would you guys be interested in hosting some music from UE or Standoff? I'd be willing to send in some MP3s and MIDIs if you are.

Needaham45 said:
Just out of curiousity--would you guys be interested in hosting some music from UE or Standoff? I'd be willing to send in some MP3s and MIDIs if you are.
Standoff has tracks from WC2 and 3, so I don't think there's any need. But UE would be nice.

Music from UE and Standoff isn't already available online?

It doesn't really belong in the particular section described above, but it's something that does belong at the Standoff website.

With UE there are a few samples I threw together and a MIDI pack hosted at the UE website, but I have a few mp3s that are of a slightly higher quality than those.

Although Standoff does use some tracks from WC2 and WC3, all of the cutscene music is original, and I have MP3s of those themes and whatnot. Original music in Standoff will be playing a larger role as there are more (and lengthier) cutscenes to develop the story in later episodes.

What sparked this was I noticed a WC Saga sound clip in the music section, and I figured if that was there you might be interested in a few select things from other fan projects, but if not, that is perfectly fine with me as well. If you were to include them however, I have a few clips that were made specifically for listening (with fadeouts and all!), that I would prefer used than some of the things that would be extracted from the game or that are on the website in some cases.

That 'Various' section is meant for pretty small scale stuff that we're hosting locally for people. There was no reliable WC Saga website when we mirrored that file. It seems to me like any additional tracks you have would go into the Downloads section of the Standoff website with the other music we've reported on from Standoff in the past. Since it's the same machine either way, we can link stuff off the Music section after that.

Back