German Popstar as an Actor in Prophecy

BarFly

Rear Admiral
Hello,

i just remembered, that the German HipHop Star 'Smudo' is acting in one of the Videoclips. He is a member of the 'Fantastischen 4', the Band that brought German HipHop into the charts in Germany. He also outed himself as a big WingCommander Fan.
As far as I remember it is the clip after the 5th(or6th) Mission. When you enter the Bar, there are some sitting at a table playing cards, he is one of them.
http://www.fantavier.de/start.htm
At this picture it is the guy on the right. In the videoclip he still had some more hair :)

He actually had a website about his visit to the Prophecy set, back in 97 or 98. Germany has always been one of the places where Wing Commander is most popular.

That's fun, I didn't know he was such a big fan of WC but apparently he played ervey game. In the article he mentions that the people standing with him at the bar (3rd picture) didn't know anything about WC though the guy at least knew that it's a computer game. :)
But Smudo doesn't know Midway's name either.

I never realised who he was when I played the game until a friend of mine yelled "Smudo!" when I showed him WCP.

And he tells how amazed he was that Panther (the WC4 pilot) was so small and you don't realize it in the movies. :)

That's fun, I didn't know he was such a big fan of WC but apparently he played ervey game. In the article he mentions that the people standing with him at the bar (3rd picture) didn't know anything about WC though the guy at least knew that it's a computer game.

They were just cheap Hollywood extras - the various rules for hiring actors and what-not meant that the WCIV/WCP crews couldn't just dress their friends up in Confed outfits without some difficulty.

But Smudo doesn't know Midway's name either.

Eh, this was before WCP came out (G) Though you'd think he'd read the shirt he was wearing... (G)

Well, I don´ like Sdmudo and the "Fanta 4"-group, but I was pretty shocked when I saw him in the game...;)

But there´s a mistake on the site!?? The last picture...he writes "and thats Panther from WC4"....isn´t it Stiletto from WC5??
As far as I know Panther (Elizabeth Barondes) hasn´t got this kind of hairstyle and face.

It is. He probably thought it was Panther not having gotten the scipt yet and mistaken one actress for another or he just made a mistake while making this site.

Wow, I feel ashamed for not having realized that. But the picture isn't really good anyway and I thought he maybe had a photo of Panther and him from somewhere else (not the WCP shooting).

Back