Gba?

Does anyone want to see wing commander or Super Wing Commander on GBA? I mean, the hardware's perfect for it, with the scaling and the rotating and the mode 7 GLAVIN!
(sorry. prof. frink. Does any watch the simpsons?)

Tron? No, I've never seen Tron... :p

But what about the BUTTONS? Somebody say something about the BUTTONS!!!!!!

I'm don't think WC on the SNES sold that well, and it wasn't a good conversion, AFAIK. A GBA 'port' wouldn't be of much use to me, either.

GBA: Gameboy Advance. Undeniably the coolest new system released, and the best handheld ever.

I'd love to see WC ports for GBA, of a new game entirely, for that matter. Though Star Giants is essentially a bunch of Photoshop renditions of screenshots, without a real game plan, I'd be interested to see it come out.

Well, Star Giants is coming to the GBA eventually,(i hope) and it looks like it is a Wing Commanderish type game. we'll see how that goes. Although I would still like to see a port of WC1/2 on the GBA. Or as frosty said, a whole new game would be nice too.

Personally I really like the idea but it would best be one designed from scratch to suit the GBA :D

Controls are doable, select could even pause the game for a while while you adjusted power levels, the selected missles, guns or even engage autopilot. Thanks to the GBAs relativley large catridges I could even see voice overs being included :D

Originally posted by Wedge009
I'm don't think WC on the SNES sold that well, and it wasn't a good conversion, AFAIK. A GBA 'port' wouldn't be of much use to me, either.

I would think it did -- look at all the people whose first experience with WC was on the SNES. (Plus, it inspired one sequel... and another which was developed but never released).

It seems very wingcommanderish...

gba1.gif

gba2.gif

As far as I know, a GBA is far more powerfull than a 386sx, so it could be a great game !

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Well, Star Giants is coming to the GBA eventually,(i hope) and it looks like it is a Wing Commanderish type game.

I don't think they actually have any code written yet.

And anyway, it's not Wing Commanderish. It is Wing Commander. They just change some colors and call it Star Giants and say, "Hey, new game!"

Originally posted by Pedro
Wing Commander 2 LOAF? :p

If anything they'd probably call it three... SM wasn't really marketed as an addon for the SNES. It was a sequel. It'd be a little odd for them to call the third game Wing Commander 2.

TC

Originally posted by Frosty
It is Wing Commander. They just change some colors and call it Star Giants and say, "Hey, new game!"
How can they do that? Isn't that copyright infringement? (Unless they already have permission to do it...)

Originally posted by TC

If anything they'd probably call it three... SM wasn't really marketed as an addon for the SNES. It was a sequel. It'd be a little odd for them to call the third game Wing Commander 2.

TC

I'm pretty sure it was going to be Wing Commander 2.

Back