Game is too fast

Scorpio

Spaceman
I have WC I and moslo aint running well...the system - a Pentium III 650mhz - is still too fast during the flights...any suggestions??

Thanx anyway...

[Edited by Scorpio on 05-08-2001 at 10:11]

Have you tried setting Moslo to something *other* than its slowest possible setting? Sometimes the slowest one doesn't work...

yup...I found out that less than 10% won't work at all...I've tried 10 and up...the scenes inside Tiger's Claw are kinda slow...but when u go fly a mission...it gets impossible to fly...*sigh*

The documentation in moslo warns about running it less than /30. Find an older machine, save you the trouble and frustration! You can safely run WCI thru IV on a p233. For WCI and II, use moslo at /60, they will run just fine! WCIII and IV run perfectly without moslo on the same system. (p233).

RFB

The best thing to do, is get a machine that the game was meant to run on. Do what I did, buy a 486 system. It works great. Everything runs perfect. You can get a 386/486 machine with monitor from 40-80 bucks now. Play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Check around your area for auctions, flea markets, pawn shops, or buisnesses that have updated their equipment. Sometimes the buisnesses want to simply unload all the older stuff, and will just give it to you. Give yourself a break! Find an older machine to run the games. You wont regret it! :)

RFB

I use CPUKiller (it's a shareware) and WCI is slow enough to play. In fact, on the Claw, the mouse cursor is very, very slow. But in flight, it runs well !

Originally posted by Sadic
I use CPUKiller (it's a shareware) and WCI is slow enough to play. In fact, on the Claw, the mouse cursor is very, very slow. But in flight, it runs well !

Sure...but it is for DOS right? Otherwise, it won't work for me...

Originally posted by Scorpio
Sure...but it is for DOS right? Otherwise, it won't work for me... [/B]

No it's for win. Actually I run WC1 under Win98 and I have no pbs. I remember that when I installed win95 years ago, wc1 and 2 didn't run. But now it works well. You must have ems.

Originally posted by RFBurns
Check around your area for auctions, flea markets, pawn shops, or buisnesses that have updated their equipment. Sometimes the buisnesses want to simply unload all the older stuff, and will just give it to you. Give yourself a break! Find an older machine to run the games. You wont regret it! :)

RFB

*clears throat* Ebay, ubid.com, buy.com, yahoo auctions, just about anywhere!

...You must have ems.

You mean, emulators? As far as I know, I don't have any... [/B]

No I mean extended memory compatible with the old 286 !
When you had dos, there was two kinds of extended memory : ems (286) and xms (386). Now of course win95-98 is using the 32 bit mode. As far as I know no game using XMS (via an old "driver" called dos4gw, or something like that) can run under windows. Fortunatly, wc1 & 2 are too old for that...

So add this line to your config.sys. This could help :
device = c:\dos\emm386.exe ram 4096

Good luck !

Just found a real cheap system, its a p266 with 62mb ram/8gig hd, sb16 sound card, 56k, lan card 32x cdrom for 80 bucks! eBay! Cmon folks, save yourself the frustration! :)

RFB

wow, thats a great price.

Scorpio, I would try running it at lower percentages on moslo if you havent already.

When you had dos, there was two kinds of extended memory : ems (286) and xms (386). Now of course win95-98 is using the 32 bit mode. As far as I know no game using XMS (via an old "driver" called dos4gw, or something like that) can run under windows. Fortunatly, wc1 & 2 are too old for that...

Good luck ! [/B]

ah i tried that and it said that the dos\emm386.exe is corrupted or missing, i guess the newer (this things 2 years old jeez new my arse) are completly dos unfriendly..?

Originally posted by Sadic
...You must have ems.

You mean, emulators? As far as I know, I don't have any...

Good luck ! [/B]

I'll try it...thanx

Back