Gallery - On the Set (August 11, 2010)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
This is my favorite update being offered today--behind the screens photos of the Wing Commander III cast and crew at work (and play) during the game's film shoot. If the candids of Jason Bernard don't bring a tear to your eye, I don't know what will. View them all here.

--
Original update published on August 11, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, there are some great nostalgic moments in here.

I like how in one frame, Rollins and Rachel are laughing together, then in another, they're looking very awkward away from each other. Also, the one with Hobbes rehearsing his lines is pretty cute!

Question: Why are so many of these image scans mirrored?

Question: Why are so many of these image scans mirrored?

It's because they're scanned from slides and film negatives. I will go through and mirror them where necessary when I get a chance.

Oh, it's fine, I was just wondering why it was the case.

That explains the nice picture quality, even if some of the shots are blurred (good old traditional camera days).

Awesome shots, especially great to see Jason Bernard, what I wouldn't give to be have been on that set to have a joke and a cigarette with Captain Eisen!

*Edit: Smoking is very very bad.

I think the most disturbing picture is... Malcolm McDowell playing with a dog. Evil characters should stick to their role :p

RB, if it makes you feel better, imagine that in the next scene, off-camera, he punts the puppy.

I mean, kicking dogs is what evil people do, right? :D

RB, if it makes you feel better, imagine that in the next scene, off-camera, he punts the puppy.

I mean, kicking dogs is what evil people do, right? :D

I'm pretty sure Tolwyn is advocating canine cruelty in WC4... after all he tells Seether to kick dogs in the chops... ;)

Fantastic stuff!!:D :D Where did they come from? Actually I suppose it was someone at Origin, lucky us! The woman holding the dog looks like Malcolm's wife, Kelley, so it must be his.

In case anyone's wondering what the medal ribbons they're wearing are, a lot of them are from around the WWII era. Tolwyn has a WWII Victory medal and Eisen, Blair and Rollins each have a Medal for Humane Action (awarded for the Berlin Airlift). Although some of them I couldn't identify, mostly Tolwyn's.

Also, the medal Tolwyn wears around his neck when he is promoted to Space Marshal in WC4 is a Meritorious Service Medal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meritorious_Service_Medal_(United_States)

I have always wondered why the U.S guys have so many ribbons and medals compared to us brits I mean I have done 10 years service been to Afghan 3 times Iraq 2 and all I have is my one iraq and one Afghan medal (well and the queens jubilee but we dont count them as they are freebies and we didnt earn them) so I only have the ribbons that go with the medals.

I've always thought this as well. They just seem to give out more service medals and even for things like going overseas or completing basic training.

I've always thought this as well. They just seem to give out more service medals and even for things like going overseas or completing basic training.

If that is the case we dont get any for passing any training or for going overseas unless its on ops we only really get them for being shot at.

By the way G Man where in Hampshire are you? my mother is from Andover and I was born in Winchester

Back