Galaxy

BradMick

Vice Admiral
Yep, the next in my series. Just the egines so far...i need to finish and further optimize them...good thing the hull itself is really basic, or else this thing would get rediculous when done. Either way, shooting for under 8000 polies again. After i further optimize the engines, it should settle in just under that goal...hopefully...

Brad Mick

16-14751.jpg

I'll be the first to comment: excellent work, Brad. Makes me want to get back into 3d design; how much would Lightwave run me?

A student is me, but since I'm buying a car and getting my laptop replaced, I'm already planning on settling for ramen noodles.

heh heh...yeah, 400 bucks' feed you for like...10 years on some ramen :)

If have AIM or any of that, give me a buzz.

AIM: XsepunkbmX

Brad Mick

Brad, excellent work as always. Those engines look mighty mighty mighty fine. I can't wait to see the finished product. Just out of curiousity (I don't use lightwave) but what type of light settings did you use to render that last picture? I've never been satisfied with the lighting in a lot of my renders.

two directionals, with radiosity turned on. i guess, i depending on your program...the closest thing i can think of is Final Gather or Global illume, both of which are part of Maya or Mental Ray as a whole i think.

its nearly 8 o'clock, should have this done by about 11 or 12 tonight. Got a meeting with the band, have no fear...it shall be finished!

Brad Mick

Dont mean to sound like an ass but those pictures made me hum the theme from The Last Starfighter. :)

That one seriously looks like a real mold of a Galaxy. Makes me wish they made a bunch of toys for Wing Commander. Ones that fired the plastic missiles and all that.

LeHah said:
Dont mean to sound like an ass but those pictures made me hum the theme from The Last Starfighter. :)

Last starrfighter? interesting...wherre'd that come from?

I love that movie too though...

Brad Mick

They look great next to each other. Please continue to produce such high quality models. I can't wait to collect them all....

It's primarily a merchant ship. A fairly well armed one.. two forward guns and a top and bottom turret, and a couple missile launchers. Not to be sneezed at :D

Back