Galactic Map

W

WingZero

I was just wondering about the key on the maps. I know the systems highlighted as blue are Terran, and the orange-red is Kilrathi. But what are the green highlighted systems, are they Nephilim or are they Border Worlds?

Wing Zero

They're the "frontier" systems, which includes Border Worlds and Landreich. The Neph come from further in to the Galactic Core IIRC. Notice the "scientific" names of specific planets, that have only been charted and not named. An insinuation of things that were to come? ;)

Originally posted by LeHah
They're the "frontier" systems, which includes Border Worlds and Landreich. The Neph come from further in to the Galactic Core IIRC. Notice the "scientific" names of specific planets, that have only been charted and not named. An insinuation of things that were to come? ;)

Thou art confused.

Yellow is uncharted. Green is Union of Border Worlds. The Landreich aren't on the map.

I stand corrected. I was bound to be wrong, I was too lazy to go in my room for the damned map. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Thou art confused.

Yellow is uncharted. Green is Union of Border Worlds. The Landreich aren't on the map.

I believe he was simply tryin' to say that the same area of the galaxy is ALSO occupied by Landreich forces, even though they may not appear on the map as such (see "Fleet Action")

Would somebody like to tell me what Landreich is? (no, I haven't read any WC novels)
They're not some radical German faction that went into space, is it?

No. :)

There are a bunch of different colonies out beyond Confed, like Grovsner or Landreich. The Landreich Republic was a rogue nation led by Max Kruger, as seen in Fleet Action and False Colors (and Action Stations, when they were led by Johan Blucher).

And actively hostile to COnfed. And in a different place:)

(The UBW was *between* Confed and the Kilrathi... the Landreich were off to the sides where the war didn't really affect them much.)

There are other non-Confed human nations -- the Grovsner Colonies are mentioned as being like the Landreich in FA.

Back