Funny WC quotes

Priv (cd version) dialogue when you try to enter Terrell's office for no reason... something like:

Confed Girl: That's Admiral Terrell's office, and he doesn't like visitors.
Brownhair: Don't sweat it, sweetheart. I don't like visiting.

CD version Brownhair is just great.

AD said:
I always got a kick out of the part in WC1 where during the mission briefing the colonel (?) tells you that its ok to shoot maniac if he gets in your way. I don't remember the wording but the look on maniac's face is priceless.

That's the Brimstone mission 1, IIRC. I'll quote it in its entirety, since it's pretty funny as it is:

Mission Briefing. Brimstone System, 06:00 hours, 2654.135.

Halcyon: Good morning, boys and girls. Welcome to the Brimstone system. As you know, there are several Kilrathi military bases on the second planet. We are here to scout the system before a possible Confederation invasion.
Maniac: Way to go, Chief! Finally, we get some real action!
Halcyon: That will mean a heavy patrol schedule…
Maniac: Patrol schedule? Aw, heck, that’s no fun!
Halcyon: …as we gather intelligence on the strength of local Kilrathi forces. You’re first in the rotation, Maverick. For your wing, I want you to take… Maniac, I think. He seems to be anxious for an assignment.
Maniac: Oh, sure. Send me. I wouldn’t want you to trouble Iceman or Hunter with a routine patrol.
Halcyon: Stow it, Marshall. There’s always lavatories to scrub, if you’d rather.
Maniac: <speechless>
Halcyon: I thought so. Now, let’s look at your patrol plan, Maverick. It’s a simple three-point route, with a few asteroids near Nav 2. Keep alert. We really don’t know what to expect out there, but we know we’re in hairball territory. Just fly your route and get back with a report… and if Maniac gives you any static… you have my permission to shoot him to pieces.
Maverick: <straight-faced> Should I use missiles, sir, or ship’s guns?
Halcyon: Guns, Maverick. Save your missiles for important targets.
Maniac: What?
Halcyon: Squadron dismissed.

HEHHEHEHE :D :D

Bengal class strike Carrier:
cost: A whole lot more than 100 third world economies combined

Raptor class heavy fighter:
cost: More than you and your whole squadron make in a year

The things WC pilots say:
cost: priceless :D :D

An outtake with Admiral Tolwyn from WC3, when he arrives with the Victory and Blair says something to him.

"The same, asshole Colonel." :cool:

Shipgate said:
Why did you find that funny? Or was it just your favorite quote and not necassarily funny?

Anyway, I like the guy in Privateer when he's talking to Masterson and he's like, "Look, couldn't I just get a library card?"

it was funny because of the look on Eisens face when Blair asks the reason its an important mission, its kinda like a 'oh my god, all the beer and sun from being on the farm finally got to him' look.

From WCP -

Zero: "Congratulations. You just met and ticked off, Maniac – a legend in his own mind."

The first time I played WCP it gave me a chuckle, especially when I thought of the scene in WC3 when Maniac was sitting in the bar after a conversation with Blair yelling, "who here knows the Maniac? Huh?!" (or something similar)

Privateer 1
Miggs: You want me to break those legs for you pretty boy?
Grayson: I can always get crutches Miggs, but there is no cure for ugliness.

Okay

Iceman16 said:
it was funny because of the look on Eisens face when Blair asks the reason its an important mission, its kinda like a 'oh my god, all the beer and sun from being on the farm finally got to him' look.

But I thought he had that look on his face because he sort of new the nature of the scientist and couldn't understand why in the world Confed needed her so bad. It disturbed him and he wanted to tell Blair about it but realized that he couldn't so he said let's move on.

Pure hilarity!

This isn't from any WC games but I found these quotes really funny:

Crusader: No Remorse --
"In a generous move today, Chairman Draygan raised the reward for children who turn their parents in for crimes against the state, the bounty rate jumped from 100 to 150 credits with additional gift certificates for every other family member turned in. Though many Senators feel the measure is an excessive expense, Chairman Draygan stated that it would be cheaper in the long run if the Consortium could ferret out criminals before they commit their crimes. Way to go, Mr. Chairman!"

"Good news for those citizens with friends and relatives living on OIPs. Today, the DGC announced lower rates for all electronic mail destinated to those distant complexes, the new cost for an average message to Orbiting Facilities will only be 34 credits per line, what a savings! Back to you, Josh."

Crusader: No Regret --
(When you hold up a person)
"HOLY HOLOGRAMS!"

On WC Secret missions one there was something on the briefing of the first mission, where the breifing dude said,
Hunter yesterday, pulled a stunt by manually landing, he managed to break one of his cannons, three ariels, and scared the tech crew, any more manual landings will result in (scrubbing the deck?)

It was something like that.

Wedge009 really has great scripts:

"And something else I wanted to mention. Hunter did a bolter yesterday, a two-point 'touch and go' landing. He managed to snap off one of his ship's laser cannons, break three aerials, and terrify the flight deck crew. Pilots, we use the ACLS - our auto landing system - for very good reasons. The next hotshot pilot who tries a manual control landing will be scrubbing decks for a week. Is that understood?"

This is a good one from WC2, and it's on speech. The small Kilrathi cutscenes on WC2 and WC3 were very neat.

Emperor: I did not summon you, grandson, but I know what you want. You wish to fight the Humans.

Thrakhath: My lord, you have ordered me to remain here… but how can I prove myself, if I do not lead warriors into battle? Khasra and my cousins shame me with their glory and honours!

Emperor: Khasra! I have heard enough of Khasra! Your father sought glory, as Khasra does. His ambitions led to his fatal… accident.

Thrakhath: Such… accidents… are very common in our family.

He's definately right though, thrakhath's family does tend to have a lot of "accidents" happen to them during the course of the war...poor kitties...

One of my personal favorite scenes from WCIII, when Blair begins to lose it:

Blair: We’re just gonna have to settle it out there. The next time you’re on my wing, I might just rotate my turret and… hey, accidents happen!
Maniac: Oh, I’m shakin’… you know, I got a turret too, pal.
Blair: (with a crazed glint in his eye and a smirk) We'll see...
Maniac: ... (turns away looking slightly worried)

Not from one of the games, but from the Academy animated series...episode two...just after Blair and Maniac race to the briefing room, get lost, and are late.

Maniac: "I I wasn't lost sir. I was, uh, unavoidably detained."
Blair: "I was organising a search party for Cadet Marshall, sir."

Thrakhath in ER when he receives the first message about what is happening on Vukar Tag...

"Am I not right?"
"You are right, my lord."
"Fine. Do you now realize what is happening aboard this vessel? Already a rumor is flying that something has gone wrong, that I received a top secret message and it bears bad news. Before this watch is finished that word will have spread toa ll thousand of this crew. Rumors will become fact, spececulation of what disaster has befallen our Empire will gain embellishment, morale will decline, fighting efficiency will drop. All because of your agitated, childlike stupidity."

Just because the kat ran to his office...sheesh

Back