FS2 WC Mod

I'm sure as hell that somebody would play such a mod. I already made 2 FS2 Campaigns with my own backgroundstory, using the normal Freespace ships, but I'd love to make Campaigns using WC ships. As you said Rampage it's seems to be impossible to make models of your own. (I think I don't have a hand for it :eek: )

FRED is the best editing tool i've ever seen, you can reproduce every cool detail, which was used to make Freespace so unique.

Someone mentioned hosting? Us guys at Hard Light Productions could probably get you onboard. I'll try not to toot our horn too much, but we have a much larger modding community than Volitionwatch does. You can check out our forums as well.

And on an unrelated topic, could you send me that Talahasee mesh? I've been looking for one for ages. The format doesn't really matter, I just want a mesh. ;) If you could, mail it to me at Farcaster@hotmal.com

Hell, I'm already involved with a number of Fs2 projects already, if you need more people I might be able to help out.

Alright shrike I'll send ya one mesh along with textures. Its not impossible to make a mesh of my own Rampage and Phoenix. I just proved that point. I have The Victory The Tallahasse, the caernaven, the Vesuvius, the intrepid up and running at 100% only problem is that the gun firing doesnt exactly coincide with gun barrels but its not too far off.

Update: OK I just sent it to ya (hope it arrived there). make any comments as you see fit, but remember I had the FS2 conversion in mind when I made it (see the turrets)

2nd Update: the mesh and texture are in a RAR'ed file youll need Unrar program wich can be found in milions of places on the net.
Also i would like to apeal for anyone who can tell me where to get WC2 meshes I have a few But I need more. I can take them to FS2 for the WC MOD if Darkmage wants it (also aplies to the ships I alredy have donne) anyone?

I'll see if I can fix up the firing points for you. Are you using modelview32, Kazan's POF-CS or FSMM? (blah)

Additionally, you have table entries for all the ships and weapons? If not, I could probably whip those up very quickly.

And the model hasn't shown up yet. But it's hotmail, so you never know. Too bad I can't get into my more reliable email account, oh well.

Oh yeah I noticed Your mail is difficult. I tryied to sent it to you for 6 times now...
Tables? I'll send the hole pakage later (need optimizing, they're raw), but need a server to upload it too as I mentioned below.
Yes I used ModelView32 and Kazans tools for this ship.

Update: Oh boy your mail keeps refusing every atempt I make to send it to ya. are you sure you spelled the adress right? (I'll try again tomorrow) see ya all later.

Originally posted by Shrike
Someone mentioned hosting? Us guys at Hard Light Productions could probably get you onboard. I'll try not to toot our horn too much, but we have a much larger modding community than Volitionwatch does. You can check out our forums as well.

And on an unrelated topic, could you send me that Talahasee mesh? I've been looking for one for ages. The format doesn't really matter, I just want a mesh. ;) If you could, mail it to me at Farcaster@hotmal.com

Hell, I'm already involved with a number of Fs2 projects already, if you need more people I might be able to help out.

can u set up an hosting account there????????

Originally posted by haderak
Oh yeah I noticed Your mail is difficult. I tryied to sent it to you for 6 times now...
Tables? I'll send the hole pakage later (need optimizing, they're raw), but need a server to upload it too as I mentioned below.
Yes I used ModelView32 and Kazans tools for this ship.

Update: Oh boy your mail keeps refusing every atempt I make to send it to ya. are you sure you spelled the adress right? (I'll try again tomorrow) see ya all later.
Ahhh, shit! I missed the I in hotmail. Urgh... try farcaster@hotmail.com

Damn I feel like an idiot now. :p

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
can u set up an hosting account there????????
Well, if you guys have an actual project and can mock up a website/contents (if you need temp space I can upload it for you to our server) you shouldn't have any problems getting hosted. And once you're hosted, you'll get full staff support - our web dude is damn good and could make you an entire new website or help you with your 'demo' if you want - and a forum at HL. Plus, unlimited space and bandwidth. (well, effectively unlimited)

Plus, you'll probably find other people who'll be interested.

Shame WC didn't have a mission editor.

Originally posted by Shrike
I'll see if I can fix up the firing points for you. Are you using modelview32, Kazan's POF-CS or FSMM? (blah)

Additionally, you have table entries for all the ships and weapons? If not, I could probably whip those up very quickly.

And the model hasn't shown up yet. But it's hotmail, so you never know. Too bad I can't get into my more reliable email account, oh well.

well u can use the free email service http://mail.15th-hq.com

Originally posted by haderak
Also i would like to apeal for anyone who can tell me where to get WC2 meshes I have a few But I need more.

Maybe you can take the meshes from that Flight Commander game, which has quite a lot of WC2 ships

I've been modelling for a while now and I may be able to provide some meshes, BTW I never thought my mod would get a following this big, originally there was very small interest in it.I'll probabl be able to help with wc2 craft, I have almost all of them, send me a list and I'll try to help.

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
ok we got a wp, know lest make the inicial team, I im, who else?

I'd like to know how modding is done and if I'm not just ballast I'll gladly help and learn how to.

Learning about modding

I would like to learn about modding however I do not have a clue where to start. The vocabulary is even beyond me. What is a mesh, what is a texture, are they the same?

I work in Autocad 14 almost all day I can do 3d in Autocad but it is not very good due to Autocad's limitations. Do I need programs like TrueSpace, and what is used to make a texture?

If the answer is to long for here please just direct me on where to go on the web.

ok ther we are the__phoenix, and me, who else

BTW Darkmage can we count you in, I will lake you to be the team leader since you started this mod a long time ago.

I will like to contach the Phoenix that are making those movies, he can help us a lot in here

Oh, I didn't know, what a pitty. Then how about a battelgroup sent out after the battle of earth to destroy the Kilrathi carriers which didn't leave the dock at Hari during the battle. I know that it doesn't really fit in the WC timeline, but it would be an interesting scenario. Maybe a secret operation, nobody knows off (except a space marshall for instance). Such a story would be an explanation, why they never appeared in other events.

Back