Free Republic of the Landreich

Aeronautico

Rear Admiral
Hey, guys, does anyone have information on the Free Republic of the Landreich, a little-known Terran faction from the novels? I think the WCPedia could use more info on it.

From what I know, it was, as of 2670, governed by Maximillian Kruger, a tight-fisted businessman. Also, the Landreich and Confed hate each other, with the Landreich often calling Confed citizens "Confees". Also, the Landreich Navy is dependent on whatever ships they capture from the Kilrathi or whatever they get from Confed. Many Terran citizens seek out their own fortunes with the Landreich.

That's the gist of it. But does anyone have info on their planets, capital, culture, flag, government, among other things? How much do we know about the Landreich? Can anyone offer what they know about this largely-ignored faction?

The Landreich flag is a red cross of Saint Andrew on a blue background. I don't have a picture at the moment.

Hey, guys, does anyone have information on the Free Republic of the Landreich, a little-known Terran faction from the novels? I think the WCPedia could use more info on it.

They probably just haven't gotten to it yet. I know they're focusing mostly on organized efforts.

That's the gist of it. But does anyone have info on their planets, capital, culture, flag, government, among other things? How much do we know about the Landreich? Can anyone offer what they know about this largely-ignored faction?

It's not really fair to say anything in WC is largely ignored just because YOU happen to know so little about it. Or even because WE happen to know so little about it. The HOPE sector could be considered largely ignored, or it could be considered cut content with a whole lot of details about it. Now, it never made it into an official source, so my point is somewhat muddled here.

On that note the novel ACTION STATIONS details some of Krugers early history, and the novel FLEET ACTION details their efforts during the Confederation War (in which they actually save Earth and the Confederation) and FALSE COLORS deals with the state of Landreich in the afterwar. All of these novels provide quite a bit of subtle details about the size and details of Landreich, including things like their military, government, flag, and culture.

If you haven't read those sources and don't have them handy, you're probably not the right person to update the entry.

Whoo, strong words. I do have finish the novels. I am up to date on the games but not the novels. My bad.

yeah the novels? where is the best place to get them all? last time I was hunting for them I came up with nothing good. ebay? amazon? craigslist? Borders? Im a poor trucker with too little spare time.

yeah the novels? where is the best place to get them all? last time I was hunting for them I came up with nothing good. ebay? amazon? craigslist? Borders? Im a poor trucker with too little spare time.

You can usually get most of them for a reasonable price from sellers on amazon. I'd also search ebay for any you aren't comming up with on Amazon. Remember to search for the book title and not just "wing commander" though as sometimes they're only listed by the title.

It isn't really largely-ignored, it's from the Wing Commander novels. One of them, False Colors, is set almost exclusively in the Landreich (and we have extended visits there in Action Stations and Fleet Action).

Heck, overall we probably have more specific information about the Landreich's history and governance than we do for the Confederation...

Whoo, strong words. I do have finish the novels. I am up to date on the games but not the novels. My bad.

I think he was just a tad annoyed by your framing of the question, which is understandable considering how you put it.

I'm guessing you meant to say you do have to finish the novels. I'd recommend (like I have previously...repeatedly) to only focus on areas which you have direct access to the sources for. The CIC has a lot of files that will help you, but I'd stay away from novel entries unless you have the novels.

I think he was just a tad annoyed by your framing of the question, which is understandable considering how you put it.
Heh, yeah. Kinda like this:

"Does anyone have any information about the TCS Tiger's Claw? Can anyone offer what they know about this largely-ignored carrier? (I haven't played WC1 or watched the movie, or read the Confed Handbook, you see...)" :p

Back